Friday, May 18, 2007

Further Than Ever Before!

I did something lastnight that I have never done before in MY LIFE! I ran one whole mile without stopping! Seriously, I can't remember a time before when I've done this!

I decided back in February that I wanted to run one mile, and slowly started training. And so, yesterday at the Katy Trail 5k, it happened! So I wasn't the fastest, but I finished the race, and I ran more than one mile of it! Here are some fun pictures from the race:

We're Ready to Go!
Me and My "Coach" Laura
Across the Starting Line
Donny Helped Set the Pace


The End is in Sight
Crossing the Finish Line

I Ran Further Than Ever Before

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mad Rappin EW said...

Good job Katie! I just started running once a week a few months ago so if you ever get the urge to run on a Monday night at 9 o'clock with Brad, Gretchen and me stop on by!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Katie! I knew you could do it! That's a great feeling to set a goal and accomplish it..."to finish what I begin"!! Congratulations!! Love, Mom

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! You are so awesome and I love your pink shirt! BTW- I loved the Business Week pic....you guys are so famous it is not even funny.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

I'm officially inspired....congrats on your victory! What is 5,280??

2:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats Katie girl!! I'm so proud of you! A few months ago I walked around the block...hmmm...that's not very inspiring. :)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Kate!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

So you know i've got some nerdy tendencies... so the t-shirt really proves it! 5,280 is the number of feet in a mile, which was the main goal of the 5k.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Kate! I'm proud! I've ran 3 times in the last month... hmmm...looks like you should be the coach now. :) And I love the nerdy mathish t-shirt!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home