Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Infected

Well friends, it seems that my trusty little laptop has become infected with a virus. My McAfee has been hard at work scanning the files, but we're still moving kinda slowly still. Sorry for the long lag time between posts. Here's what's been going on:

I'm currently in Chicago for an internal communications conference. Our magazine, LUVLines, is up for the grand prize award again (we won it last year) so I'm a little nervous about the awards' ceremony tomorrow night. I'm also giving a speech Thursday morning, so say a prayer that it goes well! Then it's off to Tulsa for mom's birthday and mother's day (more on that coming soon).

Last weekend, I flew up to Denver for a Dry Bones meeting--the ministry is doing really well, and I'm so blessed to be able to support it. In reality, they help me out way more than I help them!

Dallas has been good--lots of rain lately, and some pretty strong thunderstorms too! But, that's at least good for my garden. I already have a bell pepper ready to pick, and the other veggies are coming along nicely! Come on over for tasty tomatoes, jalapenos, basil, cilantro, and rosemary. If I get motivated, I might plant some corn too, but I don't know how that would go over with the neighbors.

Church is good as well. Two weeks ago we had an awesome weekend of service and prayer. The idea wasn't just to have activities fill a weekend, but instead to realize that we need to live missional lives every day. The service times were supplemented by 48 hours of prayer, some of which was documented in our prayer journal. It was neat to come together, and whether we were focused on the homeless in our community or the widows in our church, it was a blessed time.

So those are the highlights--I'll let you know how we fared in the communication competition tomorrow night!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home