Sunday, March 11, 2007

Branding Iron

For the past several years, I've used a ceramic flat iron that I bought at Ulta. But recently, my roommates have introduced me to the world of the Chi flat iron. All along, I thought that surely my ceramic flat iron was as good as any other. But let me tell you, the Chi kind really does make a difference.

With some products, I think you can go generic and come out with the same results--but I think there are other items where it pays to have the a name-brand label. I always buy q-tip brand q-tips, but I'll go for a generic band-aid. I get carnation brand canned milk, but I'll go with the store brand for green beans.

So--which products require your brand-loyalty, and which ones will you go for the generic label?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a CHI for Christmas, and I believe it definitely makes a difference! I have a difficult time buying off-brand laundry detergent or dryer sheets.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also have a CHI, and I love it! It definitely makes a huge difference. I can buy off-brand of almost all food items with the exception of a few things; however, I agree with Kacy about not buying off-brand laundry detergent and dryer sheets/fabric softener. I would also add dishwashing detergent to that list as well as toilet bowl cleaner.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off brand macaroni & cheese is just not worth that extra quarter in my pocket. Bleh!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Clever title...I love a good play on words! :)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you get a chi?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Whoa--I definitely covet the Chi iron and the blowdryer. I just can't bring myself to do it yet, but I hear that they are wonderful! I always tend to buy the brand instead of generic. My generic experiences don't tend to go very well. I'm still trying to use up my generic Cetaphil so I can justify buying the real stuff--it's just not the same.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

The chi is here! I bought it from Amazon and was very pleased with their shipping!

I'm usually okay with generic ibuprofen or nyquil, sorry the cetaphil didn't work out for you, Carolyn.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home