Wicked Awesome!

Just got home from seeing the touring production of Wicked! It was so good! If you haven't heard, Wicked is the "rest of the story" to the Wizard of Oz. The premise is that Glinda the Good Witch and the Wicked Witch of the West (now known as Elphaba) are college roommates back in the day before Elphaba becomes wicked and Glinda becomes good. Super cute story line, and really witty references to the original Wizard of Oz.
The performances tonight were amazing--made me want to sing my heart out all the way home! And, I'm exited because there's a group of us who've bought season tickets for the Dallas Summer Musicals so I'm also looking forward to seeing Lion King, Chicago, and Spamalot, plus several others! And, the family is going to go to see Mamma Mia in Tulsa soon too.
My all-time favorite musical is Les Miserables, but it's followed by Aida and Rent not too far behind.
Anyone else out there have a favorite musical?
Labels: Dallas

8 Comments:
Katie! I found you through Brooke's page. I go on MySpace frequently, but I just joined the blog world, so come check on my page sometime. Sounds like life is going great for you! I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you this way!! Take care!!
I'm jealous! So far my favorite is Phantom but that's only because we saw it in London. I haven't seen too many musicals--I need to!
I saw Wicked last fall and it was SO GOOD, but I am with you- Les Miserables is still my all time favorite. You will have so much fun seeing musicals all summer long- what a great idea to get those tickets!!!
Kate! I'm so jealous! I have heard that Wicked is great. We actually just saw The Man of La Mancha. It was so good! Starlight Express was the first musical I can remember seeing. It was so amazing. And I love Phantom... Guess I'm just a fan of them all! :)
I love musicals. I like Lion King & Phantom. I really want to see Wicked though. And after your raving review, I will make it a point to see it!
Is it cheesy that I really like "Oklahoma!" Oh well, a lot of musicals are cheesy themselves! The King and I is also up there for me. I love them all!
My all-time favorite is Les Mis, too. I really want to see Wicked, and am kicking myself that we missed it when it was in Dallas. I usually like all musicals, but I really hated Seussical. Possibly because the sound people were really off, and Matt and I spent the performance either straining to hear what was being said or cowering in our seats with our hands over our ears after being assaulted with very loud screams.
Definitely Les Mis for me, too! Probably because that's the first one I saw, but I've seen it since and it is still my fave. Clay and I had season tickets the last time Lion King came through and it was spectacular.
Post a Comment
<< Home