Camping!
Last weekend, a group of us went camping down at the state park down by Lake Whitney. There were about 16 of us, and we had a great time! After a week of 65 degree weather, Saturday's high of 55 and low of 27 was a chilly shock!
But in the end, we powered through and after burning several felled trees, we managed to stay warm! Saturday night, we sat around the campfire and sang songs.Towards the end, we started singing all the old-time "great songs of the church" songs. We were having a great time "walking through the garden alone" and "ringing out the message" before I knew it, I'd started "Trust and Obey." This hymn reminds me of my sweet Nana, and I hadn't sung it since she'd died.
We were still singing the first line "When we walk with the Lord, in the light of his word, what a glory he sheds on our way," when I looked up and saw a beautiful shooting star. It literally took my breath away as it went streaking across the sky. What a sweet moment. I thank the Lord for blessing me with that special instant.
I love that song, too, Nana.
Labels: Family

1 Comments:
That is so sweet! "What a glory he sheds on our way..."
Post a Comment
<< Home