Happy Vernal Equinox
Spring is here! Well, officially, it will be here in five minutes at 7:07--that's when we're officially at the vernal equinox, but who's counting, right?It's a beautiful day in Dallas--we've had a bit of rain, a bit of sun, and a bit of wind--right in line for the first day of spring, I'd say. My grass was mowed today--thanks John the yard man--and my iris, daylilies, and gladiolas have sprouted. I changed the wreath on my front door from the glittery ice-wreath to the blooming dogwood wreath. It's a lovely sight.
And, the final harbinger of the change in season is that I've completed the semi-annual "Summer/Winter Switch." This event, which takes place in my closet each spring and fall, is my true telltale sign of the changing of the seasons. Although it can be a lot of work sometimes to box up my off-season clothes, I love the feeling that comes from exchanging wool sweaters for pleated flowy skirts. I pack away the boots, and welcome the flip-flops! Just about the time when I'm tempted to go on a shopping because I'm sick of my options, out come the reserves and wham! it's like a whole new wardrobe!
One sad note, I always thought the spring equinox was cool because it was the day you could balance a raw egg standing up. However, according to these two links, it's not tied to the equinox at all. But, if you're looking for a little springtime fun and you're stuck inside, balancing an egg on it's little end could be a fun way to welcome spring... Labels: weather

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home