Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Full Bloom

It's spring in Texas--the bluebonnets are out on the side of the highway, and flowers are blooming everywhere! Most notably, the roses in my backyard are producing a bumper crop of blooms!

This weekend, I got started on my 2007 garden. I've changed my plantings a little bit this year--future harvests include: basil (my favorite), cilantro, jalepenos, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Last year, I swore no more tomatoes, due to my pitiful harvest--but I caved in at the Lowes and dedided to give it one more try!

In other planting news, we've had a resurrection! Two years ago, I planted a hibiscus that my mom had mailed to me. He bloomed for a season, then by instruction, I cut it right down to the ground. Last year--nothing! I thought for sure I'd killed it. But, in the spirit of Easter--we have a resurrection! The hibiscus, (I've since named him Lazarus) is risen! There are two little green shoots coming out of the ground & I'm hoping to have some beautiful flowers!

Hope you're enjoying the outdoors wherever you are!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the roses are doing so well...I will have to come see them soon!

I've been enjoying the bluebonnets here in the mean time.

=) Sarah

12:17 AM  
Blogger Amber Smith said...

I've always wanted to plant a garden. I tried, once, but ended up with a yard full of weeds! Just one more reason for me to think Katie C. is fabulous...

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home