Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Buzz, A Chic, A Mint and More!

I love great restaurants--I'll always pick a hole in the wall joint before a chain. And I've tried several new Dallas dining options that I thought I'd share with you.

Asian Mint (75 and Forest)
Great Thai and Chinese food! Their Basil Fried Rice is awesome, and so is the Pad Thai! In addition to really good food, the restaurant looks hip too. It's got a really modern design with a green, brown, and white color scheme.
Their website: www.asianmint.com

BuzzBrews Diner (75 and Fitzhugh)
I'd read the review of BuzzBrews Diner, and thought it sounded cute--but I was totally shocked at how small it really was. It's a 24-hour diner that's very Cafe Brazil-esque: serve your own coffee from a pumper, specialty potatoes with the egg dishes (theirs are called garlic marbles, and they're really tasty!), open all night--that sort of thing. The menu is really witty, and the food was great! I had the "stuff your own eggs" with feta, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions. YUM! A good option for a late night coffee buzz!
Their website: http://buzzbrews.com/

The Chic from Barcelona (Preston and Forest)
I can't say enough about how cute this little restaurant is! The interior is all orange and white, while the patio is jet black. It's tucked into a strip center, so you might miss it, but it's worth finding! This new restaurant's been open for five months, and I'm just sad I didn't try it sooner! Their menu is simple--mainly rotisserie chicken, salads, and a couple other entrees, but it's awesome! Both times I've been there I've had the Veronica salad: spinach, strawberries, caramelized walnuts, apples, and shredded rotisserie chicken all with the perfect orange balsamic dressing. And if you like gazpacho, theirs is great--it's garlicky, but great! Hurry over to this cute place pronto!
Their website: www.chicbarcelona.com

Tio's Tortas (Lemmon and Throckmorton)
Tasty, close, and cheap--just what I need in a good lunch place. Tio's Tortas delivers all three! For a short 8-minute drive from work, and for $4.32 in cash or charge, I had an awesome cuban sandwich with crispy shoestring french fries, and a trip to the salsa bar! And, you get a free spanish lesson since a good portion of the menu is in espanol! I had the margarita chicken sandwich--grilled chicken, roasted peppers, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and cilantro on a yummy sweetened bun. It's inexpensive and a great lunch bargain--nothing fancy, but it was clean--and the tables have trivial pursuit questions so you can fill your brain while you fill your tummy!
Flavours Indian Buffet (Runyon and Beltline)
No website, no fancy decor, just good indian food for $7.99--a pretty good price for a buffet. The chicken tikka masala was sweet, the saag paneer was creamy, and the naan was hot and buttery! No website yet, but if you like Indian food, it's worth trying!
That's all the Dallas reviews for now--feel free to share your favorite little restaurants too!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I'm SO hungry after reading your post! I know where I want to go my next trip to Dallas! Great post!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm suddenly hungry for Dallas.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home