I've been summoned...

Today I went down for my first ever jury duty. I could tell you lots of stories about the diverse group of Dallas County residents that I encountered today, but not right now. I didn't mind spending a day to support our justice system, but deep down, I didn't really believe I'd be picked.
Guess again. So for the next three days, I'll be participating in the judicial branch of our government. I can't tell you much about the case yet. All I can say right now is that it's a first-degree felony case. Yikes.
Stay tuned for future details...

3 Comments:
Wow- I had to report for jury duty in December and it was FASCINATING to people-watch all the different walks of life.......and eavesdrop on their conversations! You'll have to tell us all about the case once it's over....have fun! I made $3 for the day (to cover travel costs), so hopefully they'll pay you more.
I can't wait to hear how the wheels of justice turned...
I wouldn't mind serving during the months I'm off, but I would hate to plan for a sub during the school year. Enjoy your time there!
Post a Comment
<< Home