Monday, March 27, 2006

ISWW

The International Soul Winning Workshop.

If you've never been, it's like a great big Church of Christ homecoming. If you've always been, you already know, it's a great big Church of Christ homecoming.

I grew up looking forward to Workshop every year. As a teen, it was an excuse to be with my friends where we'd shop, go to the classes, and drool over the Acapella and AVB singers. =) In college, it was a great time to bring friends home for some good cooking and good teaching. Throughout the years, it's been a blessing to my spirit, by the Spirit.

This year was no different. There's always been something magical about hearing that many voices singing praises together. Especially when I look to my right or my left and see great spiritual mentors and role models.

This year, our "great big Church of Christ homecoming" opened our arms a little wider in the spirit of love and unity and began to invite other Christ-preaching, Bible-teaching, Gospel-sharing preachers to the podium and into our fellowship as well. Although I grew up in the Church of Christ, I was never taught that we were "the only ones going to heaven." Instead, I was blessed to be in a church that taught Christ's love and God's mercy. May all of us, regardless of the name on the outside of our church building, reflect the fruits of the spirit in our lives as we work to share the gospel with those around us who don't know Jesus.
"And they'll know we are Christians by our love..."

Here are some of the great pictures from the weekend.
Shanta gives a great recap on her blog as well!

Adrianne, Me, Mollie, Kamy--precious friends and our role model who touched our lives in amazing ways.

Sweet Friends!

And our moms!

Mom and me on Sunday morning.

Check our her cute new haircut!
Everyone kept asking if Shanta and I were sisters.

We said yes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Katie, your mom looks fantastic! I'm so glad you guys got to have your cups filled in Tulsa with good lectures and good friends. And you and Shanta definitely could pass as HOT sisters....

10:18 AM  
Blogger Hilary79 said...

Hi Katie!
I'm so glad that I figured out the whole blog experience and found you. (I think I got your address a long time ago, but I'm a little slow on this stuff). What a cool way to see what people are up to. I haven't seen recent pictures of your mom, so that is cool. She looks GREAT! I don't think I'd ever noticed how much you favor her, but her new 'do really highlights it. Hopefully it won't be too long until I see you. Matt and I will be in the metroplex for Jill's wedding, so maybe then! SoCal is still treating us well...
Lots of love,
Hilary (Stirman) Reed

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was good to see you in Tulza. your mom is just as spunky as ever. Her new doo fits her personality very well.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home