Receding Floodwaters

The rain started at about 9 p.m. Friday night. Saturday offered a constant, steady rain. Sunday, however, the heavens opened up, and buckets of water fell from the sky!
Roads and highways were closed, spillways were overflowing, and the rain just kept coming! I started to look around for the ark, but no such luck. At 2:30, Sarah and I were driving downtown to Booker's wedding (that will be the next post, but it's too much for tonight) and it was by far, the most intense rain I've ever been in. The wipers were flying across the windshield. It was so loud, I couldn't hear the Coldplay. And when the cars driving on the outside lanes would pass us, an arc of water would spray across the road. Luckily, 75 was draining pretty well and there were just a handful of cars out with us, so we made it to the village and then downtown without too many problems.
Two of my coworkers had significant water damage to their homes. Things here at the house in Farmers Branch stayed dry, despite our 5 inches on Sunday, but the rest of the metroplex is still drying off! Whew!
For pictures from the Dallas Morning News, click here.

4 Comments:
Goodness! I am so glad you are safe!
Katie: What do you do for SW? Do you work at the headquarters building at DAL? Do you know Jay Oros?
Tim Perkins
Brookie's papa
Ashley--thanks! Me too!
Tim-- Yes, I work at the Headquarters here in Dallas. Next time you're over here, give me a call! I work in our Employee Communications department editing our Employee magazine. Let me know if you'd like us to use some of your WN plane pics. I'm always looking for good airplane pictures! =)
Yeah, we drove home in that Sunday--scary! I've switched blogs, so come on over to the new place.
Jess
Post a Comment
<< Home