Must See TV...
I miss Friends. Thursday night TV just isn't the same without them...So Sarah and I had a lazy night tonight with a little Domino's pizza and some TV.
O
n Tuesdays, I'm a CBS girl--I really like the new show "the unit" which is different from shows I usually watch, but it's pretty good. It's about a special forces unit of the military that's so secret that they can't even tell their wives what they do. What I like is to see the relationships in the family and between the families. It does star the guy from the All State commercials which really kinda confuses me when one minute, he's deep in the jungle saving missionaries and the next minute he's telling me to be a safe driver. Weird. That's followed by the Amazing Race. This show is super. I love the nerdy couple and the hippies. Phil sometimes kills me with his drama and cheese, but I still watch.
Tonight, we were mostly ABC loyal. First, the Extreme Makeover Home Edition--After the storm special. They're doing a four-week focus on communities devastated by the Hurricanes. Wow. Break my heart. This one sweet man lost his house, his mom, his wife, and his daughter in 3 hours. So sad. Some of my friends from SWA will be featured in the episode on April 6 in New Orleans. I'm so glad this episode is running on Thursday nights so I can see it!!
Then the American Inventor show. This was my first time to watch it. I don't know that I'll be back. Some interesting ideas, but I didn't like the dramatic music and slow-mo filming.
After that was the PrimeTime "What would you do" where they set u? actors in public places with hidden cameras to see who steps in to take action. Pretty interesting--Did any of y'all see that show?
And now I'm catching the end of the West Va./Texas game. I'm not usually a huge NCAA basketball fan, but for some reason I picked a bracket with some friends and now I have to watch to see how I'm doing. Right now, I'm 81 out of 100 in our ranking, but if Texas wins, I still have a chance.
Well, it looks like bloggers letting me put the internet pics out, so I'll try and share some from this weekend...This post just goes to show that sometimes I really do have a normal, quiet night at home.
p.s. Outstanding. That Texas shot was awesome--out of his hands with 8/10ths of a second left...

4 Comments:
I've got to start watching Extreme Home on Thursday nights...is it no longer on Sunday nights? Have you ever watched 24 Katie? I can see you loving it.......it's the best TV show I have seen since my childhood days when I was addicted to Matlock!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I totally agree with speck, 24 ranks right up there with Quantum Leap and Northern Exposure and I reserve that high honor for only the best.
Also, it may be because I'm male, but I am a huge fan of Dirty Jobs and MythBusters on Discovery channel. Katie, I think you would find the guy on Dirty Jobs funny. He goes around and does the dirtiest jobs in America and just cracks jokes the whole time. Sounds killer, doesn't it? Give it a shot.
Kelly, they're still running the regular ones on Sunday nights, but the "After the Storm" special is on Thursdays.
I think I would really like 24. Maybe I'll snag the DVDs and start watching! Dirty Jobs... sounds a bit suspect to me... I don't have cable, but if Sarah and I ever cough up the big bucks, I know I'd be all about the Discovery channel.
Post a Comment
<< Home