Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Newsboys: Then and Now

So this weekend, on a whim, I went up to Oklahoma City for the Winter Jam concert featuring New Song, ZOE Girl, Toby Mac (the artist formerly from DC Talk), the Newsboys and a couple other independent Christian bands.

The show was at the OU arena, and the tickets were only $10. So 4 friends from church, (Eric, Brandon, Emily, and Laura) and I left Dallas around 4 0n Friday afternoon to venture north.

It was especially fun for me because I got to see Adrianne and Mike (dear friends from growing up) at the show. Adrianne and I reminisced about when we saw the Newsboys the first time--don't tell that it was in 1994! Back then they were the opening act for DC Talk, and now those roles are reversed... When they came on stage (back then) to sing "Shine" they were wearing all silver and had even painted their faces silver (imagine blue man group meets reynold's wrap tin foil) Friday's show was pretty good, even if we were a good12 years older than the average age at the show!

Saturday night I went to a baby shower for Jonathan and Holly Mock. It was so much fun to get to see so many good friends from school. Of course, Holly looks great! We tried really hard to get Jonathan to try on the Baby Bjorn carrier, but he conveniently couldn't figure out the straps...

It was fun to have a good weekend with friends!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Katie- great pics! Your life is seriously the most exciting life of anyone I know........and I love the pic from Holly and Jonathan's shower- you are all so beautiful! I love seeing everyone "grown-up" post college.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It was great to see you this weekend, Katie. I'm impressed that even with the shower festivities you managed to work in a trip to OK!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Becky Martin said...

I love the Newsboys. I still listen to their CD's on road trips (they were some of my regulars on my trips to and fro ACU). Here's to being 12 years older than their major demographic!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! I thought I was so cool to go to all those concerts back in youth group days! The weekend Sommer came down, we listened to the old Glorify Him and AVB CDs. What's funnier is that we kept talking about which ones had been our favorite cassettes--there's another blast from the past!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home