Whew!
You know, I think I heard somewhere that more people are afraid of public speaking than they are of death. Well, I'm not going to go that far, but I will say I'm much more relaxed tonight than I was last night. Thanks y'all for your prayers and encouraging words--they totally helped. The presentation went well, so there we go!
So yesterday while I was flying in, I read the Spirit magazine from my seatback pocket in front of me. If you're going to be on a SWA plane in February, let me highly recommend this issue. I read about the top ten pizzas in America (none in Dallas, sadly, (but I'm certainly willing to suggest Lover's Pizza and Campisi's)), an interesting article on monks who sell printer accessories (www.lasermonks.com), another good article about relationships, and luckily, the travel highlight was for Scottsdale--hooray! That's where I am! So since Spirit recommended it, I had to try a place called the sugar bowl which was awesome! It's been featured in the "Family Circus" cartoons for a while and it's a super cute ice cream parlor.
Tonight after the conference, I had dinner with my cousin Nathan, his wife Frances, and their two precious girls, Madison and R.C. It was great to see them while I was here.
Well, with all the excitement of the day, I'm off to bed. It's only 11 here, but past midnight dallas time! Y'all have a good one! Check you later when I'm back in Texas!
So yesterday while I was flying in, I read the Spirit magazine from my seatback pocket in front of me. If you're going to be on a SWA plane in February, let me highly recommend this issue. I read about the top ten pizzas in America (none in Dallas, sadly, (but I'm certainly willing to suggest Lover's Pizza and Campisi's)), an interesting article on monks who sell printer accessories (www.lasermonks.com), another good article about relationships, and luckily, the travel highlight was for Scottsdale--hooray! That's where I am! So since Spirit recommended it, I had to try a place called the sugar bowl which was awesome! It's been featured in the "Family Circus" cartoons for a while and it's a super cute ice cream parlor.
Tonight after the conference, I had dinner with my cousin Nathan, his wife Frances, and their two precious girls, Madison and R.C. It was great to see them while I was here.
Well, with all the excitement of the day, I'm off to bed. It's only 11 here, but past midnight dallas time! Y'all have a good one! Check you later when I'm back in Texas!

5 Comments:
One of the top ten pizza places has to be Giordano's in Chicago! It's the best.
I too enjoyed Spirit this weekend on my way back from LBB. And Ken and I cracked up about the laser monks. I told him that I thought we could do something like that for DB. Ken pointed out how weird it was that the cover was about this great pizza- in New Jersey, a city that SWA does not even service. Hello, it's SWA Spirit magazine..
Good job on the presentation. Glad it went well. I am proud of you.
Long live the Laser Monks
It's good to catch up with you a little through blogs. It looks like you're pretty busy. I read about your trip to Dry Bones - I'm glad to hear the ministry is still going strong.
As for pizza - the best is in NYC. Nothing beats New York pizza.
I think some sports team should be called "the Laser Monks". I can picture the logo, the mascot, and much more.
Glad your speaking went well. Way to go.
(by the way, DB does recycle printer cartridges - we make a pretty good living with it too. If SWA or Fee-Murray or anyone else wants to recylce for us, let me know and we'll get you the boxes, etc.)
Post a Comment
<< Home