Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's A Small World After All

The other day, while navigating the blog world, I found a cool link on both Jocelyn's and Laura's blogs. It's a new website called world66. It's kind of like Wikipedia, where you can edit the entries yourself, but it's all about travel. How cool is that?! So now, you can get several opinions on a location, not just the opinion belonging to Mr. Frommer or Mr. Steves.

One cool thing on this site is that you can check off the countries you've been to, and it will create a map for you (it can also do maps for just Europe or just the US, too). So, here's my map.

Though it looks like I've got a lot shaded, world 66 tells me that I've only been to 10% of the countries on earth (apparently, I just hit the ones that occupy a lot of territory!)

So, anyways, if you like to travel, check it out! I think it's a cool site.

create your own visited country map

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I think canada and russia really help fill in the gaps. They balance out the ones like vatican city or luxembourg.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home