Monday, January 16, 2006

Meet Mrs. Numalillian

And that's her first name... But she said we could call her Numa.

On Saturday night, the singles' groups at Prestoncrest sponsored a "Sweethearts Banquet" for all of the widows at church. Each widow was assigned a date (dressed in a suit, no less) from the singles' group to pick her up at her house (at 4:45) and then bring her up to the building, where they would enjoy a fabulous dinner and also entertainment by a barbershop quartet. And to make sure it was all on the up and up, each couple was assigned a female "chaperone" to accompany them on the date that night. At the banquet, these women of Faith were introduced to the group and given a beautiful pink rose. Each group also had their picture taken by a lovely backdrop. We had about 20 widows, who were all so sweet and kind. Clay and Ms. Numa behaved perfectly, so my job as chaperone was easy. We were so blessed by this evening spent with these wonderful women, and it made me want to develop closer relationships with the members at Prestoncrest who aren't my age. I have so much I could learn from them!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is SUCH an awesome idea- I love it! I bet that was the highlight of many of those sweet womens' weeks.

11:50 AM  
Blogger laura jo said...

I'm glad it went so well! I hated to miss it, but had a fun time on a mini-road trip... love the long weekends. I can't wait to see more pictures at church of the banquet.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool! I was wondering if you went... so did Numa and Clay hit it off?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh yes, I was a good chaperone... If I had a quarter for everytime I had to say "leave room for the holy spirit!" =)

It was funny, at one point in the night, a widow named patty widows leaned over and said "next time, you should invite the widowers too." I guess she has her eye on someone special...

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home