Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's Happened Again

I'm telling you, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. You may remember how just before Christmas, the Lord perfectly delivered a missing book right to my doorstep. Literally.

Well, same song, second verse. When we moved out of the big house (a 3,500 sq. ft., six-bedroom house I shared with five other girls) Sarah (my roommate) gave away her computer and computer desk to her grandpa. Not a problem since Britney had a computer and desk that we used here. Well, Sarah brought home her dad's old computer after Christmas, but this time no desk. She commented several times that she really needed to get a computer desk, but hated to go out and buy a new one.

So, last Saturday, I came home from a wedding shower, and Sarah said "Katie, guess what's on the curb across the street?" Sure enough, our neighbors had set out their computer desk (identical to the one Sarah gave away more than a year ago). So just to be sure, we knocked on their door, and yep, they didn't want it anymore. Sarah offered them some money, but was turned down. Once again, we were given exactly what we needed at the exact time we needed it.

You see, if the computer desk had been set on the curb in October, it would have done us no good. At that time, we had one computer and desk already, and didn't even know that she would be bringing home a different computer. If the ACU book had been delivered one day later, it would have been too late, Christmas would have already passed. The timing was perfect.

I guess that's my point. God knows way better than we do what we need, and when we need it. He wants me to learn that lesson, even through a book and a desk. I once heard that the right decision at the wrong time is still the wrong decision. Timing really does matter.

Sometimes, I'll admit, I get a little worried that maybe I'm never going to get married. I want to be a mother and a wife. I pray for my future husband. Daily. But, ultimately, I know that God's plan for me, including his timing, is perfect. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds me of that. Romans 5:6 reminds me of his ultimate plan. Sure, there are time when I see the blessings of others, and I long for them. But does God love me any less because I'm single? No. He couldn't. His love is perfect. He has his own timeline for me.

I mean, if He can deliver a coffee table book and a computer desk right to my doorstep, at just the right time, why wouldn't He have the bigger picture in His hands as well? Matthew tells me from the Sermon on the Mount that he does.

So on that note, I'm keeping my eyes open. If He's making home deliveries, then I'm keeping my eyes peeled around these parts. Maybe you should help me too--if you happen to see a solid Christian man, between 6'2" and 6'5" who loves to travel, is a strong leader, really smart, a little bit nerdy, and loves to laugh, then call me.

Immediately.
Because the timing may be just right...

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey- call me too! I want to check him out. I pray for your husband too. I can't wait to see what he looks like. And if he will be more or less chatty than you. But most of all, I hope he likes Ken.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I love your outlook. I view my relationship with Michael the same way. Michael and I knew of each other at ACU but never spoke until the summer of 2003. Even then, God knew that the timing wasn't right and though we were freinds and hung out that summer, we didn't date until the summer of 2004. God knows when to bring two people together and it would never be completely right if His perfect timing wasn't there. Rejoice that you have been patient and that your life is unfolding just how God wants it to...and that's the best for you!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Great post! Something I need to remember as I have been divorced for 7 years and sometimes think it isn't in God's plan for me to be remarried. That is so cool about the computer desk and God's timing. He seems the big picture - we don't. Wow, thanks for the post. (I got the link for your blog from Shanta's blog)

Dana

1:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oooh.
nikki put it in w-r-i-t-i-n-g. That means she's serious. Nik- Can you get jeremy to come hang out with us in Denver this weekend?

8:49 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

--of course there's no picture, God hasn't revealed his timing (or the face) yet! =)

Shanty- I'm sure he'll love Ken. Everyone likes Ken!

Brooke- you and Michael are a great testimony, thanks for sharing!

Dana- keep hanging in there girl!

Nikki- you kinda made my stomach do a little flip when I read that. Yikers!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could post a picture of Jeremy on my comment here. Boy is he HOT! (at least that's what Nikki says).

On a really cool note, Jeremy went home for Christmas and reluctantly went to the doctor to have his brain tumor checked out. The doctor was astonished when the MRI came back to show that there is no longer a brain tumor at all. It's completely gone. (first God cured his cancer and now He has disentigrated the tumor - wow - I mean . . . really wow.)

See you tomorrow. I don't know if we'll run into ole Jeremy or not. ???

6:27 PM  
Blogger Becky Martin said...

I love how you describe God's timing. I'm in the middle of waiting and needed to be reminded that so many of the things I want in my life (job, husband, etc.) are things God is preparing but it's not the right timing yet. Thanks for the encouragement!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home