Flying High This Month
Hey bloggers! Greetings from 39,000 feet! Now I'm sure I'll have to wait to post this once we touch down, but for now, I'm zooming across America in one of Southwest's 446 luxurious jets!
I'm going to become very familiar with our Inflight service and tasty peanuts over the next month, since by the end of in February I will have been to TUL, PHX, SEA, MCO, and of course, DAL. With a youth group retreat thrown in for good measure. Whew!
I went to TUL on Friday night to see the folks and to get Nana get settled in her new semi-private room at the nursing home. Her new roommate is just a young thing, at the age of 93, so maybe Nana can share some of her wisdom with Miss Fay. Mom and I organized Nana's clothes, and moved her pictures, so just pray that she makes the transition to her new room easily.
Today I'm headed to PHX for a conference 'til Wednesday. I always learn something at these conferences. But this time though, I'm one of the speakers! Yikes! So say a little prayer on Tuesday around 11 a.m. Mountain time. I'll probably be a nervous Nellie right about then, though nothing compared to the first time I spoke in chapel. This will be a little smaller than Moody Coliseum, thank goodness.
OK, so I've checked into the hotel--check it out--it's way retro and pretty cool!
As for the other cities, well, I don't want to spoil all the fun, you've got to have something to look forward to, so check back for more adventures!
I'm going to become very familiar with our Inflight service and tasty peanuts over the next month, since by the end of in February I will have been to TUL, PHX, SEA, MCO, and of course, DAL. With a youth group retreat thrown in for good measure. Whew!
I went to TUL on Friday night to see the folks and to get Nana get settled in her new semi-private room at the nursing home. Her new roommate is just a young thing, at the age of 93, so maybe Nana can share some of her wisdom with Miss Fay. Mom and I organized Nana's clothes, and moved her pictures, so just pray that she makes the transition to her new room easily.
Today I'm headed to PHX for a conference 'til Wednesday. I always learn something at these conferences. But this time though, I'm one of the speakers! Yikes! So say a little prayer on Tuesday around 11 a.m. Mountain time. I'll probably be a nervous Nellie right about then, though nothing compared to the first time I spoke in chapel. This will be a little smaller than Moody Coliseum, thank goodness.
OK, so I've checked into the hotel--check it out--it's way retro and pretty cool!As for the other cities, well, I don't want to spoil all the fun, you've got to have something to look forward to, so check back for more adventures!

5 Comments:
Good luck on your presentation. I hope it goes well. I have no doubt that it will. Also, have fun on your travels. Keep blogging about them because it helps me to travel vicariously through you.
Katie...
I wish they had an award at ACU for "most likely to become a CEO of a fortune 500 company"... you would have my vote. And I would drop all my money (mostly change) into your stock, and hope to get a job there.
You will do great. I admire you!
Kevin
you crazy. have fun traveling.
I think you are about to start speaking.......I know you will rock! Fill us in on all your adventures- your hotel looks so fun and cushy!
Good luck, Katie!
Post a Comment
<< Home