Happy Winter Solstice

To all of you in the northern hemisphere (which is all of you as far as I know), Happy Winter Solstice! Tonight is the longest night of the year, which means that from here on out, the sun will set later and later and rise earlier and earlier, giving us more and more daylight each day. At least, until June 21, when we flip back the other way.
Now the solstice isn't nearly as exciting as the equinox (when you can balance an egg on it's little end), but it is the technical beginning of winter. So, enjoy the darkness, sleep in if you can ( I highly recommend NyQuil, which helped me sleep until 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning (oopsie)), and don't worry if it's pitch black when you leave work, you're not a workaholic, it's just dark!
So, that's your science lesson for the day. Y'all have a good one!
---
Oh, and I'm happy to report that Amy (Rasco) and Mark Porter welcomed sweet Mallory Beth Porter into the world yesterday at 6:30 in the evening. I've heard she's beautiful and tall and skinny, just like her momma, Amy, who celebrated her own birthday at the same time! Congratulations!

2 Comments:
Coming to TUlza anytime soon? Nikki and I are here at Grandma's!
WE're here! Call me on my cell. We'll be here all night tonight (christmas eve) so come on by or give us a call!
Post a Comment
<< Home