Happy Monday from Seattle
Hey folks! We'll I'm on the last leg of my whirlwind tour across America, so hello from the Emerald City! But first, let me tell you about the weekend!
This weekend was the Prestoncrest Youth Group retreat. It was an awesome weekend with 52 teenagers and lots of great chaperones too! I love these kids so much! It's fun to think back to the first retreat I went on with them four years ago. The sweet kids who were awkward middle schoolers are now the leaders of this group, and there's a whole new batch of awkward middle schoolers now in their place!
The weekend was fun--cold, but fun! We finally had a drop in temperature (Kelly, not like your snow, but cold none the less!) We went on the high ropes course and we went horseback riding. Let's just say that it's not as easy as it looks to get up in the saddle! We had some good lessons about modesty, inclusiveness, and hearing God's message.
I rolled back into Dallas around noon, and after a quick nap, a little laundry, and some quick packing, it was off to the airport. Three flights later (can we please fix the Wright Amendment!!) I landed in Seattle.
Today should be a fun day--Southwest is taking delivery of the 5,000th 737 produced by Boeing. They're having a big ceremony today, a celebration dinner tonight, then we take off (in our brand-new plane) for Dallas tomorrow. It should be lots of fun! Oh, but there was one small snafu, the flights were so full that I had to gate check my bag, which, with two quick connections, didn't quite make it all the way to Seattle last night. I talked to the baggage folks this morning who were so nice, and hopefully the bag is on it's way to the hotel. Ahh, but it's all about being flexible I guess.
So that's my report, hope y'all are having a super day!
This weekend was the Prestoncrest Youth Group retreat. It was an awesome weekend with 52 teenagers and lots of great chaperones too! I love these kids so much! It's fun to think back to the first retreat I went on with them four years ago. The sweet kids who were awkward middle schoolers are now the leaders of this group, and there's a whole new batch of awkward middle schoolers now in their place!
The weekend was fun--cold, but fun! We finally had a drop in temperature (Kelly, not like your snow, but cold none the less!) We went on the high ropes course and we went horseback riding. Let's just say that it's not as easy as it looks to get up in the saddle! We had some good lessons about modesty, inclusiveness, and hearing God's message.
I rolled back into Dallas around noon, and after a quick nap, a little laundry, and some quick packing, it was off to the airport. Three flights later (can we please fix the Wright Amendment!!) I landed in Seattle.
Today should be a fun day--Southwest is taking delivery of the 5,000th 737 produced by Boeing. They're having a big ceremony today, a celebration dinner tonight, then we take off (in our brand-new plane) for Dallas tomorrow. It should be lots of fun! Oh, but there was one small snafu, the flights were so full that I had to gate check my bag, which, with two quick connections, didn't quite make it all the way to Seattle last night. I talked to the baggage folks this morning who were so nice, and hopefully the bag is on it's way to the hotel. Ahh, but it's all about being flexible I guess.
So that's my report, hope y'all are having a super day!

2 Comments:
You are such a world traveler! I've only been to Seattle once, but everytime I looked out the window and saw Mt. Rainer, I got spooked....it's a gorgeous place, I just don't know if I could handle living there, knowing a volcano could errupt at any moment...Congrats to you for going on the youth group retreat- you rock, and I'm sure those kids appreciate your consistent love and attention.
I was wondering where you were this weekend. I'm so glad you were able to go on the youth group trip. I totally understand about middle schoolers being awkward -- I get to see that every day! But it is neat to see how they grow and change and mature. Oh, and I love Seattle! I was there this summer -- gorgeous on a clear day!
Post a Comment
<< Home