Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jam and Jelly!

It's state fair time!

That means Sarah and I spent a few hours today making jam and jelly for the creative arts entry! No pictures from today, but here's last year's banana jam hot water bath!This is my fourth year to enter the banana jam. Basically I decided to enter banana jam because after two years of trying the photography division, I thought I'd try something that was a little less popular. I mean if the goal is a blue ribbon, then I'm going to play to win and go for the least amout of competition.
So here's my State Fair Banana Jam history:
2006: disqualified along with all other banana jams for "improper canning procedures"
2007: second place--red ribbon
2008: first place--blue ribbon
2009: ???
So in addition to defending my blue ribbon in banana jam from last year, I went totally out of the box this year with a new creation:


Cantaloupe Jelly. Never heard of it before, but I figured it was worth a try!


Results will be sent out in September, so keep your fingers crossed for a couple blue ribbons!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanta said...

We canned wait to try it!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Miss G said...

SWEET! i want to try cantalope jelly! Kelly

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home