Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yassis and Opa From Greece

Well after two months of silence, all I needed was a little trip to Europe to break my writer's block!


Sarah and I are currently at a little internet cafe in Mykonos, Greece listening to hip hop/techno music while we feel the breeze of the ocean!

We've had a great few days: Flew Olympic Airlines from JFK and we got upgraded to business class. Landed in Athens and went straight to the Omonia Church of Christ on Sunday morning to worship with our missionary from Prestoncrest, Dino Roussos. After a pot luck lunch (I love pot lucks, and I especially LOVE a Greek pot luck), we went to the Acropolis to see the Parthenon. We also went to the New Acropolis Museum, which only opened a week ago.

Sarah and I spent Monday shopping and touring the Greek Agora in Athens and then hopped a plane to Mykonos late Monday night. Luckly, no one eats dinner here until 10 or 11, so we were right on time!

Today, we wandered the beautiful, whitewashed, idyllic streets of Mykonos--it's so cute, it almost doesn't seem real--kinda like being on the set of Mamma Mia or something. I'd describe Mykonos after dark as Epcot Disney meets Bourbon Street--lots of clubs but lots of amazing scenery. We went to the "Paradise" beach today and swam in the beautiful crystal blue water.

Tomorrow, we're hopping a high-speed ferry to Santorini, and then back home on Saturday.

We've had lots of olive oil, tomatoes, calamari, cherries, and souvlaki--great food! Can't wait to share pictures, OPA!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Porter said...

OPA!!! Any table dancing yet?! Miss those OPA days! Ha!! Glad you are having such a great time!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Shanta said...

That sounds amazing! Enjoy every minute! Bring me some hummus!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to that church with Dino. I hope you had a great trip! Love you!

Jessica G.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home