Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ready for Rwanda


Three weeks from tonight I will be in Kigali, Rwanda.


I'm going with three good friends from Prestoncrest as part of a Let's Start Talking Team. While there, we'll have the opportunity to build relationships and have authentic conversations with people who may not know Jesus. We will be helping people practice their English, and we will use the Gospel of Luke as the textbook. This way, they will learn about Jesus while receiving important English training. We will be focusing on a group of 60 businesswomen who are beginning relationships with the church there. They are eager to improve their English so that they can pass an English exam at high enough level to join a program to come to America to work on future opportunities for their businesses. We’ll also be working with about 40 students who are hoping to be selected for scholarship programs for U.S. universities. There is a lot of potential and I can't wait to see the ways the Lord works!

As I get ready, please join me in praying for this trip.

  • Please pray that God will prepare us for our visit and bless our efforts as we minister to the people of Rwanda.
  • Please pray for the hearts of the men and women that we will be studying with each day.
  • Pray that God will help me to speak boldly and that their hearts will be open to hear His truth.
  • Please pray for safety, good health, and smooth travel. (I've had some back pain recently, so please pray that there is no pain and no complications with my back.)
  • Pray for our final fundraising needs to be met. If you'd like to donate, you can do so online at http://www.lst.org/2008projects/katiecoldwell2008
I look forward to doing God's work in Rwanda and am confident that God will touch the hearts of men and women of Rwanda during our two-week trip.

Thanks for your prayers and support--I can't wait to keep you posted!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie -
I can't wait to hear all about your trip. You and your friends will be in my prayers. I know the people of Rwanda will learn a lot from you and vice versa!

Dana

8:43 PM  
Blogger The Speck family said...

Sooooo awesome- what an incredible experience you will have....and how blessed they will be to meet you and have the gift of your time and heart. Can't wait to hear all about it! Hugs, Kelly

9:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am so excited to hear about your trip. Praying for you friend!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home