Monday, May 05, 2008

Spring Update

Spring is here in Dallas--thunderstorms, flowers, patio dining, humidity--everything you know and love about May days in Texas. Here's a quick recap of what's been going on.


Prestoncrest 6th grade welcome retreat--the 7th and 8th graders from my Wednesday night small group hosted a retreat to welcome the new 6th grade class to the youth group. It was 24 hours of fun, s'mores (in the microwave), flower bomb wars, mattress sliding, and wrestling. Too fun!




One thing I've LUVed this spring has been that my wonderful sister, Sarah, has come to work for Southwest Airlines in our Customer Relations department. I'm super excited about being able to take even more fabulous trips with her soon. We took a "field trip" over to the hangar and here we are, checking out the 737.


I'm going to Kigali, Rwanda this summer. I'm so excited about the ways God will work through this trip--and that's a whole post in and of itself. But as a preview, we went to "Murphy's Place" in Richardson to have some African food. Here I am with my Okra Soup and FuFu. No spoons or forks allowed. Just your hands.



Southwest Airlines hosted our 35th and Last Chili Cookoff back in April. It's a fabulous day filled with Bingo, chili, skits, dancing, and a talent show! Don't worry, it's not really the last one. Last year, we had the 34th and Last--next year will be the 36th and Last--goes all the way back to 1972 when we weren't profitable yet, so we held the First, and Last Chili Cookoff--just in case weren't around the next year. So far, so good!
Mariliee and I were both winners at bingo--she won tickets to the Carribbean, I won tickets to small and mid-size cities in Minnesota. Oh well, the fun was in the BINGO!


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I am SO jealous that you got to sit in the pilot's seat! Your job is the best ever!!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger laura jo said...

oh the okra soup! that brings back memories -- what a genuine african food experience!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa Beth Hutchins said...

Hi, Katie! This is Lisa (Lightsey) Hutchins--Mollie's friend :) She gave me your blog address. I am so jealous of your exciting life! Brent and I just had our first baby, a son, and I started a blog to chronicle our not-as-exciting life. Feel free to check it out--I'll be looking forward to more exciting updates!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home