God's Best
Thanks everyone for your prayers! God is so good and is quick to respond. Though I haven't heard an update on Uncle Virgil lately, I can say with certainty that I felt the power of your prayers while I was speaking this weekend.
There were about 80 women at the retreat this weekend--it was an area-wide retreat with folks from Prestoncrest and Memorial Road (in Edmond, OK) plus there were people from about six other states too! It was a good turnout and I definitely believe that the Lord's presence was there! Of course I was nervous (do you ever stop being nervous when you speak in front of a group?) but once I got going, the Holy Spirit stepped in where my abilities left off (which was pretty early in the game.)
Here's a quick hit of what I shared with the ladies this weekend:
God is Good--there is not one ounce of him that can't be good, pleasing, and perfect!
God wants the best for you--so note that God’s best can be unexpected, extravagant, and unconventional. It's not always what we have planned!
God wants the best from you--which leads to a response of joy, humility, and surrender from us.
When you give God your best, be prepared, Satan will attack--so surround yourself with community, scripture, and prayer.
I also shared excerpts from the "Singled out by God for Good" article by Paige Benton. I think it's encouraging for singles, and it offers a good perspective for those of you who know us.
Thanks for the prayers!
There were about 80 women at the retreat this weekend--it was an area-wide retreat with folks from Prestoncrest and Memorial Road (in Edmond, OK) plus there were people from about six other states too! It was a good turnout and I definitely believe that the Lord's presence was there! Of course I was nervous (do you ever stop being nervous when you speak in front of a group?) but once I got going, the Holy Spirit stepped in where my abilities left off (which was pretty early in the game.)
Here's a quick hit of what I shared with the ladies this weekend:
God is Good--there is not one ounce of him that can't be good, pleasing, and perfect!
God wants the best for you--so note that God’s best can be unexpected, extravagant, and unconventional. It's not always what we have planned!
God wants the best from you--which leads to a response of joy, humility, and surrender from us.
When you give God your best, be prepared, Satan will attack--so surround yourself with community, scripture, and prayer.
I also shared excerpts from the "Singled out by God for Good" article by Paige Benton. I think it's encouraging for singles, and it offers a good perspective for those of you who know us.
Thanks for the prayers!
Labels: Prestoncrest

2 Comments:
Katie, we talked about you at small group tonight. I heard you did an amazing job this weekend. Thanks for letting God speak through you -- he obviously did by what the gals were saying.
Hey Katie!
Glad to hear it went so well! Take good care of Sarah for us! We sure do miss her already!
Post a Comment
<< Home