Unbelievable Bargain!
There's a new grocery store that I pass on my way home each evening, "El Rancho" is it's name, and the name combined with it's brightly colored sign out front led me to believe that it would cater to a predominantly hispanic market.
So yesterday, when I received the usual batch of wednesday grocery fliers, I was interested to see the El Rancho circular included as well. This was their grand opening weekend! They had some pretty good prices, and I needed some produce, so I thought I'd stop by on my way home.
Here's what I bought:
60 biscuits (6 cans, 10 in each)
6 oranges
3 bananas
4 lemons
6 avocados
4 oranges
3.32 lb of tomatoes
1 head of garlic
10 limes
and
.70 pounds of something that I thought was going to be a tomato-flavored pasta that turns out to be chicharron de harina (pork rind made of flour as best as I can translate)
total bill?

and, I learned more Spanish vocabulary. Now that's a worthwhile trip to the grocery store!
So yesterday, when I received the usual batch of wednesday grocery fliers, I was interested to see the El Rancho circular included as well. This was their grand opening weekend! They had some pretty good prices, and I needed some produce, so I thought I'd stop by on my way home.
Here's what I bought:
6 oranges
3 bananas
4 lemons
6 avocados
4 oranges
3.32 lb of tomatoes
1 head of garlic
10 limes
and
.70 pounds of something that I thought was going to be a tomato-flavored pasta that turns out to be chicharron de harina (pork rind made of flour as best as I can translate)
total bill?
$9.57!

and, I learned more Spanish vocabulary. Now that's a worthwhile trip to the grocery store!
Labels: Dallas

9 Comments:
NO WAY! Groceries and a Spanish lesson all for just over 9 bucks! I love your bargains!
You are kidding! What a bargain. That is crazy!
I love the bargain hunter in you!
This is so something I would post...a great trip for a great price!! I'm a little upset I didn't get to guess the total...but still fun! :)
That is so funny! We have tons of those stores here, but I have never been brave enough to go in. Hopefully if we end up in your neck of the woods, you can show me the ropes (or cuerda). :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
oops - anyway the avocados alone would have cost that much at a regular grocery store!
Well that is just plain amazing........ and the produce looks beautiful!
I really enjoy your blog! I am so glad you don't mind lurkers!
I wish there was an El Rancho near us! That's some crazy savings!
Post a Comment
<< Home