Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sundance Film Festival

Last weekend I had a really cool opportunity to represent Southwest at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT. Southwest has a "Branded Content" Team who works to integrate the Southwest brand into movies and television shows. So having a presence at Sunset helps us stay "on the list."

At Sundance, Southwest sponsored an "eco-lounge" which promoted not only our brand, but also our "green" efforts to protect our environment. We have recently implemented many different features that help us conserve fuel--which is certainly good for the environment and our bottom line. We've got winglets (those cute little upturned sections at the end of our wing), Gate Services (which allow our planes to run on electricity and not fuel while they're parked at the gate), and recycling onboard our planes (aluminum cans).

In our off time while we were at Sundance, we did some pretty cool stuff too. We tried to go "standby" for the movie "The Great Buck Howard," but unfortunately didn't get in to the screening. We did get to see the Maroon 5 concert though, so that was pretty fun!

We had a few celebrity sightings, but I would be a horrible paparazzi because somehow I didn't get any good celeb shots. Oh well, you'll have to settle for pictures of me and the girls!


Adam Levine and Maroon 5

Some of the concert



Ashley, Katie, and me at the concert
We've got our standby tickets for "The Great Buck Howard"
Katie and I are so sad that we didn't get in to the movie.
Marilee is strangely happy about it.
Ashley and I outside of the Egyptian theater.
The sunrise at Deer Valley.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Britney K said...

You are such a rock star! I was thinking about you yesterday. I was watching a special on KERA about Russia and wondered if you had been there. I live an exciting life I know. No cable and Russia documentaries. HA! I think you should go. The go ice swimming. Yikes! I'm so impressed with Sundance. Who all did you see?!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah B said...

Very cool sounding trip! I know I shouldn't have a thing for famous people, but they fascinate me even when I don't want them to!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Katie, you are so cool. I want to work for SWA!!!

2:37 PM  
Blogger JG said...

How cool is your life? Going to Sundance is on our list of things to do in our lives! I love reading about all the cool things you do!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I went to Sundance and to Park City this summer for a convention. I am so stinking jealous you got to be there during such cool time!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home