Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hello Big Tex

Ah the state fair... food on a stick, fried food, fried food ON a stick, the pig races, big tex, the midway, and more fanny packs than you'd ever want to see! I love it! It's a magical place for unparallelled people-watching. And this year, the State Fair of Texas features something it's never seen before...no, not the fried latte, not the fried cookie dough, not the "Dancing with the Dogs" sideshow, though those are all new this year.

The new item is a blue ribbon with my name on it. So if you happen to be in the creative arts building checking out the giant sculpture of a horse and sheep in a hot air balloon surrounded by flying pigs all sculpted out of butter (I am not even kidding about the randomness of this!!!) then check out my two ribbon-winning entries!



Plus, I won a Red Ribbon for Banana Jam

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Amber Smith said...

Wow Katie! I'm so impressed! You are so creative. I'm not surprised a bit.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to reach your goals and leave your mark at the Texas State Fair! Woo Hoo!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Miss G said...

Sooooo cool, Katie! I wish I'd known. How fun. I'd love to hear more about the whole process. It was good to see you the other night. I gave you a shout out on my blog. Kelly

6:52 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Way to go, girl!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I was just there looking at the butter sculpture and I had NO IDEA you had winning entries there! So glad you actually created something, unlike the "Best Hobby" people who have the best old thimble or best old teacup.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

When we were strolling through the South Plains Fair a few weeks ago I wondered what you would enter this year. Way to go on your ribbons!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home