Saturday, December 01, 2007

Locks of Love

I've been growing my hair out to donate to Locks of Love for a while now. They ask that you send in at least 10 inches, then they'll use it to make a wig for a child with cancer. Well, yesterday was the big snip snip. My hair had grown out pretty long, so I knew I had 10 inches.

Here's a "before" picture from our trip to San Francisco in October.

And here's a "during" at the salon

And finally the after!I love the new haircut! And it has been a sweet reminder to me to pray for the sick, especially since yesterday, a special 15-year old in Nashville was having a bone marrow transplant. Palmer Richardson is my old preacher's granddaughter, and she has leukemia. You can learn more at www.prayforpalmer.com. Please say a prayer for her complete recovery.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jami said...

Katie, it's beautiful! Love the new cut!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm so impressed Katie! I don't think I'd have the patience to grow my hair out that long. What a neat thing to do. I love the new cut too!

9:34 PM  
Blogger JG said...

Very cute! I love your hair short and long!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo-la-la Katie! so chic and gorgeous (as always, but I definitely love the new 'do!)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ok, 2 roomates in one day getting SUPER cute new do's! YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!! And what a blessing your beautiful locks will be for some deserving person!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Britney K said...

Katie! It looks amazing! Way to go! That is brave, girl. You look great!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have such an amazing heart. Thank you for being a great inspiration :-)

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home