Fictional Long-Term Relationships
I finished the seventh Harry Potter book this weekend. I'm a little embarassed to tell you that I read it in two days--I'd like to say this was mostly due to the fact that I had large chunks of uninterrupted time on my flight to San Diego on Thursday and back on Friday, but really, I just couldn't put it down! When I went to bed Friday night, I had about 175 pages left to go, and thought I'd just read for a few minutes, but the next thing I knew, it was two hours later and I'd finished the book!
Here's the thing--I've kept up with Harry through a combination of the books and the movies, but even without being the biggest Harry fan, I still felt like I had know this little guy for a while now. I needed to know what happened, and I wasn't going to put the book down until I knew. It was kinda like the series finale of Friends. Here were these people who I had hung out with each Thursday night for the past ten years. I needed to know that they were going to be okay! I needed to know that Monica and Rachel and Phoebe would still be friends.So, that's a glimpse into my emotional relationships with fictional characters--so who are some of the "people" who you've bonded with through books, movies, or tv??

6 Comments:
I'm definitely with you on the gang from Central Perk
how was the party?
I feel the same way. There's no one like HP! I also felt a close relationship with the peeps on Friends. Love you!
You know I am the same way. I loved the HP books and series. I always have a huge need for closure. In fact, I rewatched the Friends finale last night on TBS. My other favorite last episodes are Dawson's Creek, Wonder Years, Cosby, Friends, and Who's The Boss. I am a total sucker for series finalies
Hey I can't say anything, I'm the girl who watched ALL 10 years of 90210 and still watches ER because I feel like I've invested way too much time in these people to quit watching now! I know, not only am I old (hello, 90210?) but pathetic, too!
I think I got a little too attached to Denny Duquette.
Post a Comment
<< Home