Sunday, July 08, 2007

The New Seven

Yesterday, on 07-07-07, a Canadian group announced the results from their worldwide poll to select the new seven wonders of the world. More than100 million people voted online and the results are in!

The new seven wonders are:
The Taj Mahal--India


The Pyramid of Chichen Itza--Mexico





The Great Wall--China




Petra--Jordan



The Collesium--Italy




Macchu Picchu--Peru



The Christ the Redeemer Statue--Brazil








Which ones have you seen? Anyone want to go see some of them?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I could have seen Chichen Itza but I opted to sit on the beach and drink instead. Don't I feel dumb! So I haven't seen any of these! How many have you seen, Katie?

9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am very excited to say that I have seen 4 of these wonderful monuments. (3 of them with you!) What great adventures. Everyone should go! OF course, the Taj is my favorite, but the Colisseum is definitely a close second.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I've been to four--coliseum, christ the redeemer, taj mahal, and petra. The great wall and macchu picchu have been on the list, but now they may get bumped to the top!

Let's Go!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Tim Perkins said...

Katie: I'm just dropping in to say that I thoroughly enjoyed your article on the current SW blog. What a great idea to honor Southwest's military employees!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, slightly off subject, but on the same day was my absolute trouncing of Katie, Steve, & Ryan in Farkle. :) So I guess you could say that was a new Wonder of Dallas.

And I would love to see macchu picchu with you - I won't bring the dice...

8:53 PM  
Blogger JG said...

I saw the Rio statue with you and Shanta! That was a fun trip! Jonathan didn't go to Machu Picchu (sp?) in Peru so that he could go someday with me, so maybe he gets a point for giving up one of the wonders of the world? I've been to two, though. I need to catch up!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Hollee said...

Katie...
I'm always up for a trip. Japan next spring for the Cherry Blossoms?

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home