Shalom from Israel
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I made it to the hotel safe and sound today! I landed at 4:30--about an hour late and then got to the hotel at 7:15--just in time to see the sun set over the Mediterranean Sea. We had a great dinner of grilled chicken and lamb, plus yummy tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, and awesome hummus and tahini with flat bread.
Tiffany and I just went down and wiggled out toes in the Mediterranean--that sand was SO soft! The breeze is really nice and the temperature is cooler than I expected. Prentice has scheduled a 6 a.m. wake up call for us, so I'm sure I won't be up too much longer.
My flight today from Toronto to Tel Aviv was really interesting--I was on El AL Israel Airlines and they have a VERY thorough security process. Not only was i questioned before even getting to the ticket counter, they took my two carry on bags and said they were going to search them and return them to me at the gate. So, I walked around the Toronto airport for 3 hours with nothing but my passport, plane ticket and money. Talk about traveling light! I got my backpack and purse back just before I walked on the plane, so no worries.
A really nice Israeli woman named Shushi sat next to me on the plane. She grew up here in Israel, but now lives in Toronto. We had a good time talking and she even taught me to say Hello, Thank you, and Goodbye, plus all my numbers in Hebrew. I'm ready to go to the market now!
Well, that's all for tonight! It's going to be an early morning so I'm off to bed. We're in Tiberius (on the Sea of Galilee) for the next three nights, so I'm sure I'll have more to report soon.
Tiffany and I just went down and wiggled out toes in the Mediterranean--that sand was SO soft! The breeze is really nice and the temperature is cooler than I expected. Prentice has scheduled a 6 a.m. wake up call for us, so I'm sure I won't be up too much longer.
My flight today from Toronto to Tel Aviv was really interesting--I was on El AL Israel Airlines and they have a VERY thorough security process. Not only was i questioned before even getting to the ticket counter, they took my two carry on bags and said they were going to search them and return them to me at the gate. So, I walked around the Toronto airport for 3 hours with nothing but my passport, plane ticket and money. Talk about traveling light! I got my backpack and purse back just before I walked on the plane, so no worries.
A really nice Israeli woman named Shushi sat next to me on the plane. She grew up here in Israel, but now lives in Toronto. We had a good time talking and she even taught me to say Hello, Thank you, and Goodbye, plus all my numbers in Hebrew. I'm ready to go to the market now!
Well, that's all for tonight! It's going to be an early morning so I'm off to bed. We're in Tiberius (on the Sea of Galilee) for the next three nights, so I'm sure I'll have more to report soon.
Labels: Travel

4 Comments:
I'm glad y'all made it safely! You all will be in my prayers!
Wow--I'm so glad y'all are getting to take this amazing trip! I can't wait to hear all about it. You're all in our prayers for a safe and wonderful time. Please tell Ken & Shanty we said HI too!
Hey Katie!
I'm so jealous of you getting to go to Israel! Wow!! Take lots of pictures and post them when you get a chance. Be safe! Love ya!
I can't even imagine what it would be like to be exactly where you are...to see where Jesus actually was! Amazing!! I am loving the updates! Keep em' coming!
Post a Comment
<< Home