Phat Tuesday
Happy Phat Tuesday! To celebrate Mardi Gras this year, Brooke, Ram, Lacey, Shanta, and I went to the "movin 107.5 Phat Tuesday Jam" concert featuring Rob Bass ("I'm not internationally known, but I'm known to rock a microphone"), Digital Underground ("The Humpty Dance"), and C&C Music Factory ("Things that make you go hmm...").It was old-school hip-hop at it's finest! The best part about the Rob Bass segment was that not only did they perform their one hit, but they did a whole assortment of other great music too!
We only had one small parade through the halls of headquarters today to celebrate Mardi Gras, but the 25 folks from the People Department sure did bring on the revelry!
This year, like I have in years past, I'm going to fast from desserts and sweets for the next 40 days. Even though we don't really have a Lenten focus in our church, I know that God commands us to fast from things for set periods of time. The number 40 has lots of biblical meaning--days Jesus fasted in the wilderness, days and nights of rain during the flood, Israelites in the desert for 40 years, time Moses spent on the mountain to receive the 10 commandments, number of days Goliath teased David's army--and there are plenty more.
So if you're going to do a purposeful fast from something for the next six weeks, feel free to share...and Happy Mardi Gras!

3 Comments:
Tortilla chips. This is true sacrifice. Let's hope it goes better than the "queso" fiasco from last year.
Nothing like old school hip-hop! I'm jealous. For me it is candy, soda and music in my car.
ooh, those are good ones girls! Keep it up--we're one week into it and so far so good on my end!
Post a Comment
<< Home