So Much to Say!
This past week has been super busy and I have lots to share, but I'll try to keep it down to one picture per event...
First on Tuesday, we had our annual Employee Communications trip to the State Fair. It was a fried food bonanza!
Highlights of the fair include the life-size Marilyn Monroe sculpted out of butter, my honorable mention ribbon on display, the pig races, and the chocorito--a chocolate burrito which is a tortilla filled with candy bar bits, marshmallows, coconut, cinnamon, and caramel, then rolled in pancake batter, deep fried, and served with whipped cream. Amazing.
Wednesday afternoon, I flew to Washington, D.C. to kick off service to our 63rd destination, Dulles. Nothing like starting your day off at 5:30 a.m. in an airplane costume!
Thursday afternoon, once our flights were successfully taking off, I met up with my friends Matt and Carolyn Tapie for a quick visit to DC. It was great to see them and to explore our Nation's Capitol. I loved seeing the Hope Diamond at the Smithsonian, and the Constitution at the National Archives.
Here I am at the White House. If only Laura had been able to meet me for lunch...
Friday, I met up with other DC friends--Lunch with Jason Mida and dinner with Jimmy and Amanda (Sheppard) Turk and their two cute girls. It was great to see all of them!
Home Saturday for a wedding shower for Amanda Peeples and David Pittman. More good times!
Today, a group from church went over to Fort Worth to love on some of their kids from Fortress. Here's my new friend Brittney showing off her lion (today's lesson was all about Daniel and his trust in God.)
First on Tuesday, we had our annual Employee Communications trip to the State Fair. It was a fried food bonanza!Highlights of the fair include the life-size Marilyn Monroe sculpted out of butter, my honorable mention ribbon on display, the pig races, and the chocorito--a chocolate burrito which is a tortilla filled with candy bar bits, marshmallows, coconut, cinnamon, and caramel, then rolled in pancake batter, deep fried, and served with whipped cream. Amazing.
Wednesday afternoon, I flew to Washington, D.C. to kick off service to our 63rd destination, Dulles. Nothing like starting your day off at 5:30 a.m. in an airplane costume!Thursday afternoon, once our flights were successfully taking off, I met up with my friends Matt and Carolyn Tapie for a quick visit to DC. It was great to see them and to explore our Nation's Capitol. I loved seeing the Hope Diamond at the Smithsonian, and the Constitution at the National Archives.
Here I am at the White House. If only Laura had been able to meet me for lunch...Friday, I met up with other DC friends--Lunch with Jason Mida and dinner with Jimmy and Amanda (Sheppard) Turk and their two cute girls. It was great to see all of them!
Home Saturday for a wedding shower for Amanda Peeples and David Pittman. More good times!
Today, a group from church went over to Fort Worth to love on some of their kids from Fortress. Here's my new friend Brittney showing off her lion (today's lesson was all about Daniel and his trust in God.)

2 Comments:
I am so jealous because you got to see Carolyn and Amanda! How is Mida? Tell him I said hi and that I miss him!
What great pics Katie! We are soooo happy SWA is now at Dulles, and I just loved your Dulles debut outfit. I am so bummed that we couldn't see you....sounds like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment
<< Home