Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hola from Spain!

Well, it´s 9¨01 at night and we´re still going strong! We made all our flights, and we even got to sit together (all 4 in the middle row) on the long flight over! Lufthansa was pretty cozy for our 10 hour flight, but we made it! We watched Akeelah and the Bee, so that helped pass the time. All our bags made it too!

We had a slight snafu with the rental car (I didn´t realize exactly which company we rented from. Who knew there was a difference between AutoEurope and EuropeCar???) but we got it all worked out! It´s nice and roomy, and is like a passat! We slept a little on the planes, but are really trying to stay up late so we can get acclimated to the time change! They don´t eat dinner here until 10p, so that´s the last thing we´re going to do tonight before heading back to the hotel to finally get some sleep. Tomorrow we´re off to Toledo, Granada, and Ubeda, then on to Seville and Portugal.

It is really lovely here! Lots of wonderful architecture with the doors and the windows. We went to the Prado museum to see the special picasso exhibit, plus other works by famous painters like goya, velacquez(?), and el greco. We´ve already hit H&M for accessories, and had some tasty ice cream.

So far, the language barrier isn´t too bad...I guess living in Dallas is rubbing off on me!

Say a prayer for safety with the car rental and that we make our flights back home!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are very thankful that you girls have made it this far....have a wonderful time...

7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made it there.

8:40 PM  
Blogger JG said...

I love that you're in Spain! Hope you're having a great time!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toledo! Loved it! Be safe and have a fabulous time!! Also, Zara is a nifty clothing store to check out... :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Amy Porter said...

I'm always jealous of your adventures!! I didn't know you were going to Spain...SO FUN!!! I can't wait to hear all the stories!! Have fun!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

IT WAS FUN!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home