Talk Like A Pirate Day
Arrrgh you ready for "Talk like a pirate" day? It's a little-known holiday, but it's celebrated every September 19. Well, "every" is a relative term. More like off and on since 1995.Either way, it's certainly good for a few laughs...
For tips, stop by talklikeapirate.com They've got great background on this special day and exciting links too!
This movie will give you a great tutorial in how to talk like a pirate at work.
And this site will let you take a quiz to get your own pirate name
Ahoy!

8 Comments:
Absolutely hilarious!
So... My name is Dirty Morgan Rackham... not sure how to take that... Arrrrggg!
I love it! We're sisters--I'm Red Ethel Rackham! Here's the rest of what it said...
Passion is a big part of your life, which makes sense for a pirate. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!
This was hilarious! I guess I have what it takes to be a pirate Captain!
Amber (a.k.a. Captain Anne Cash)
The Great Sisters Rackham! I always knew we were related! :)
Sadly, the firemen knew this and Cody did this on a call.
OK, my pirate name was awful. I tried deliberately to answer the questions as an eccentric wimp with less backbone than a jellyfish (in other words, answer the questions truthfully). I was hoping to get a really wimpy name like Jellyfish Jack Wimpingham. You know, something pretentious, mean-spirited and with plenty of syllables. Instead I got Iron Jack Kidd and some paragraph about how tough I am. Four syllables and even less originality. So, forgive me if I sign off with a somewhat dim-spirited arggh!?!
Spruce, I'm sorry you're not the wimpy pirate you wanted to be. Maybe you can lower your expectations next time.
Mollie, my mom was a Rackham too!
Amber, it shows that you run a good house that you're the captain!
Ashley, I love that the LBB firefighters were pirates for the day!
Post a Comment
<< Home