Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just Call Me Ed McMahon...


'cause I've been talking to sweepstakes winners all day!

Ok, so I don't have balloons or a big check, but Southwest recently ran a sweepstakes contest for our Employees to celebrate our 35th Anniversary. There were some great prizes--a trip to the Super Bowl or NBA All-Star game, a 7-night cruise, vacation packages to Vegas, San Diego, or Santa Fe, and a trip to Seattle to take delivery of a brand new 737 airplane and tour the Boeing plant. They were great prizes and all you had to do to enter was send in an entry form from LUVLines, our company magazine. Couldn't be easier.

So we had the drawing on Tuesday. There were 71 lucky winners out of the 8,500+ entries we received! Today, our team called each of the winners to let them know that they won! It was so much fun because someone would answer the phone in a hum-drum everyday voice and then out of the blue, I got to share great news with them that turned them into a winner! One guy was so happy, he could hardly speak! I had so much fun making those calls!

So here's my question--what's the best news you've ever received, on the phone or in person, that totally changed your day?

5 Comments:

Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

I found out I made a 36 on my ACT in high school. I felt pretty elated after that one.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I don't think I'd be bragging if I'd made a 36 out of a possible 1500, duh.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post Katie. I think some great news I received was the day I was accepted into graduate school. It was more of a relief actually...

4:33 PM  
Blogger Wade said...

KATIE!

Holy cow! How the heck are ya'?

I'm so glad I just tripped over your blog! I see that you're doing well - great!

I'll swing by again when I've got more time to read your blog. Until then, have a good one!

Wade Strzinek

(PS: Oh look! There's Shanta, too!)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Poinciana Office Cleaning said...

Nice blog you have here thanks for sharing this

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home