California Here We Come
This weekend, Brooke, Kendra, and I went out to California to visit ourACU roommate Laura, and her husband, Grant. They have a darling house in Burbank. Laura is a big-time LA Lawyer and Grant is on the brink of making it big time in the movie business. It was great to see them and their three precious little doggies!
Highlights from the weekend include:-In-N-Out Burger (I'll confess we ate there TWICE!)
-The new movie "Step Up" (The ending dance scene was awesome and the acting was not awful)
-Breakfast at Doughn-ts (The only thing missing is U)
-Going to watch Grant shoot his short film "Shelter" (Grant plays a mean jerk in the movie and he's also the art director. Fancy!)-Our drive to the coast and through a national forest (Ok we were
slightly lost and almost ran out of gas, but everything was fine!)
-The wine tastings in Solvang
-Laughing with good friends!

Due to Grant's popularity, I've added one more picture. Grant and I are "rehearsing the script," the other girls are just cute and smiley.

10 Comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun! I keep thinking I'm going to see Grant in the movies soon. I saw Sarah yesterday at lunch after church; she's so tall and beautiful. Next time you come to Austin just for a visit, give me a ring and let's all go to lunch.
Since all of Kelly's family is on the west coast we spend a lot of travel time out there.
I'm sorry, Katie, but In-n-Out Burgers? Over-rated! The fries are good. But, c'mon! You can't tell me those burgers anything better than average. I am impressed however with the national advertising they've generated. People who have never been to Cali think that I-n-O burgers are great.
Don't buy into the hype, Katie! Go to Kincaid's and tell me those aren't better than I-N-O!
Glad you had a good time though!
I'm SO jealous! I miss them! I'm glad y'all got to go visit--I know it must have been such a blessing for Laura!
Jess-it was really fun! I'm pretty sure that Grant will be the famous guy that all our kids will tell their friends "my mom went to school with him"
Wade--come on, the french fries are the best part!! yum! Laura and Grant did try to convince us that Fatburger was better, but we didn't make it there.
Amy--don't be too jealous. Laura got to meet Charlie before I did and we live in the same state! Talk about being jealous!
Katie,
I'm not debating the fries. How can they not be good when they're cut fresh right there in front of you.
My position is that the burgers are a big let-down! Seriously, Whataburgers are better than In-N-Out's.
That sounds like so much fun! I haven't had an In and Out Burger in such a long time.
It was good to see pictures of Brooke. I've been wondering what she's been up to. I just love that girl!
Laura and Grant sound like they're living such a glamourous life in Cali. I guess we'll be able to say we knew them when...
One more thing... Who is that guy in the picture with you? That couldn't be Grant. I don't remember him looking like that.
What fun pics!!! You all look fantastic with the Cali "glow"! I totally thought the same thing as Amber- who is that guy?
Man, those are some of my favorite girls. I am so glad you had a good time.
no, that guy isn't Grant, that's "Henry" the lead in the movie. I'll add a pic of Grant though.
Post a Comment
<< Home