Avast there Mateys!

It's not often that you get the opportunity to dress/talk like a pirate. But these days, with all the buzz around Jack Sparrow, it seems pirates are everywhere. And this weekend they, I mean, we invaded Seattle.
As the official airline of SEAFAIR, Southwest was excited to participate in their city-wide community parade. We had more than 100 Employees proudly marching in our pirate regalia on Saturday evening. Ok, well we mostly had on eye patches, beads, and hats, but there was lots of merriment by pirates and landlubbers alike!
In addition to the parade, we went to the Pike Place Farmers Market, the original Starbucks, took a great boat ride to Tillicum village (where we had grilled salmon and clam nectar), and had an amazing brunch at Cutter's Bayhouse. It was fun to be up in Seattle for the weekend--especially since the high temperature was like 68 degrees. Shiver me timbers!
Oh, and did you hear about the new pirate movie that's coming out?? It's rated "arrgh."
And what kind of socks does a pirate wear? "Arrgyle."
Any other pirate jokes out there???

6 Comments:
Katie,
Long time, no talk. Stumbled onto your blog and love reading about your adventures. Hope all is well!
Richie
Oh to work for SWA......you have the best job EVER! You get paid to do the most amazing things....
What's a pirate's favorite letter in the alphabet?
Arrrrrrr!
(This joke was in a somewhat funny SNL sketch about a pirate convention held in Pennslyvania!)
Katie,
I do not know if you remember my brother at all - a bit different. Well he is somewhat of a pirate all of the time. So is it old hat for my family. He even wears a shirt that says Everyone loves a pirate!!
Katie, you might not know this about me, but I am somewhat of a pirate connoisseur. I even celebrate National "Talk Like a Pirate Day" in September every year. I won't clutter your blog with the list of original pirate jokes I have, but here are a few....
What is a pirate's favorite restaurant?
Arrrrrrrrrrrrby's.
What is a pirate's favorite musical duo?
Simon and Garrrrrrrrrrrfunkel.
What is a pirate's favorite musical instrument?
The guitarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
What is a pirate's favorite department at Southwest?
Marrrrrrrrrrrrrketing. :-)
I don't think there are any other pirate jokes that quite compare to yours. :) Seriously, you crack me up. Clay and I need to pop in on PC some Sunday just to catch up with you. Miss seeing you!
Post a Comment
<< Home