Gas Station Indulgences

Two things:
1) If you like flavored coffee, let me recommend a trip to your closest 7-11. Their flavored cappucinos and lattes will give starbucks a run for their money. They're a little sweet, so I recommend getting half flavored coffee and half regular brew. Their summer featured flavor is a peaches and cream latte, and in the fall, their pumpkin spice latte is quite tasty.
2) QuikTrip gas stations are awesome. They're clean, safe, and well-staffed. I grew up with them in Tulsa, and have been so excited that they're in Dallas now. As one co-worker described it, "It's like Central Market meets 7-11." When I was a kid, they sold 32-oz drink bottles called "squarts" like a combo of squirt and quart. But even in a regular cup, their fountain drinks are outstanding! You get a sturdy cup, filtered water, cubed or crushed ice, and, you can add cherry or vanilla flavoring to any drink. It's so good!
I know it's random, but I just thought I'd share my two gas station treats with you.

5 Comments:
I have avoided gas stations as much as possible lately. I can't get out of there for under 50 bucks. I can't afford a drink! We've been cruising around town, carpooling as much as possible in the sweet Sentra!
Thanks for the suggestions Katie- I'm not a huge coffee fan, but I will definitely be looking for QuikTrips......they sound fabulous and I don't think I've seen them around here!
I thought of you this morning. KLTY is doing an off-site at a QT! They were talking all about the drinks! Right on Katie-o.
I love QuikTrip! My first QuikTrip experiences took place in Missouri. There is one right down the street from my mom's house in Southlake, and I often get drinks there when I visit.
I loved QT growing up in Tulsa. I agree about all the reasons to love them. I missed them in Indiana & am glad to have them back in Missouri
Post a Comment
<< Home