Last Week in Saint Louis, Last Night in a Harness
So, I have some catching up to do. Here's a little recap of the last week of May--can you believe it's already June?!
Last week I went to St. Louis, MO for the SWA Spirit Party. We started having "Spirit Parties" back in the early 90s when it was too difficult to have an annual all-company Christmas party. Can you imagine having a party for 32,000 Employees? So Colleen decided that twice a year we'd all get together for a little fun! The parties are in a different city each time, so it's a great way to get to see the country too! The STL spirit party was at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery and Clydesdale Stables. The party was great, except that I got pretty sick on my 24-hour jaunt to Missouri. I'll spare you the details. But I will say that St. Louis is a darling city and I was so glad to be able to get there in just one flight. (Thank you Kit Bond!!)
This weekend, I got together with my sweet roommates from the Big House. I lived with these five girls for two years in a six-bedroom house in Irving. We had some great times then, and lots of laughs! While in the house, we made annual roommate trips to Miami, Fl. Last year, roommate trip was in Longview, and this year, we traveled to the exotic city of McKinney. I don't get that far north (30 miles up from Dallas) too frequently, but it was great to see Josh and Angela's new house.
Times have changed since the days of sliding down the stairs in our sleeping bags and playing cards 'til all hours of the night. (Well, maybe we still played some cards this weekend.) There are husbands and babies and babies-to-be now, but it was great to get together for some good times!
Then, last night I chaperoned the Prestoncrest Youth Group Lock-In at Group Dyamix. We had about 60 middle and high-schoolers for 12 hours of fun! It's a pretty cool place with an indoor high-ropes course, inflatables, and a zip line. We strapped in to the harnesses, went through details on the caribeaners and up we went. It's not normal for me to be 20 feet off the ground at midnight, but it was a good time! I crawled into bed around 4:45 this morning and slept 'til 11:30 or so, then went up to work for a half-day. The deliriousness was worth it though, those kids are great!
Last week I went to St. Louis, MO for the SWA Spirit Party. We started having "Spirit Parties" back in the early 90s when it was too difficult to have an annual all-company Christmas party. Can you imagine having a party for 32,000 Employees? So Colleen decided that twice a year we'd all get together for a little fun! The parties are in a different city each time, so it's a great way to get to see the country too! The STL spirit party was at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery and Clydesdale Stables. The party was great, except that I got pretty sick on my 24-hour jaunt to Missouri. I'll spare you the details. But I will say that St. Louis is a darling city and I was so glad to be able to get there in just one flight. (Thank you Kit Bond!!)
This weekend, I got together with my sweet roommates from the Big House. I lived with these five girls for two years in a six-bedroom house in Irving. We had some great times then, and lots of laughs! While in the house, we made annual roommate trips to Miami, Fl. Last year, roommate trip was in Longview, and this year, we traveled to the exotic city of McKinney. I don't get that far north (30 miles up from Dallas) too frequently, but it was great to see Josh and Angela's new house.Times have changed since the days of sliding down the stairs in our sleeping bags and playing cards 'til all hours of the night. (Well, maybe we still played some cards this weekend.) There are husbands and babies and babies-to-be now, but it was great to get together for some good times!
Then, last night I chaperoned the Prestoncrest Youth Group Lock-In at Group Dyamix. We had about 60 middle and high-schoolers for 12 hours of fun! It's a pretty cool place with an indoor high-ropes course, inflatables, and a zip line. We strapped in to the harnesses, went through details on the caribeaners and up we went. It's not normal for me to be 20 feet off the ground at midnight, but it was a good time! I crawled into bed around 4:45 this morning and slept 'til 11:30 or so, then went up to work for a half-day. The deliriousness was worth it though, those kids are great!

1 Comments:
Man, those girls are some of my favorites. It is so good to see you all again, even just through blog pictures. Yeah for fun roommates and weekends together!
How come all of these fantastic trips never lead you to the exotic LBB?
Post a Comment
<< Home