Field Trip!
On Wednesday I was in Tulsa for a speech. Luckily, I was able to give the same presentation that I did back in February. It went pretty well, I think. The speech was at one of the most beautiful places in Tulsa, Philbrook Museum.
It's a beautiful Italian villa that belonged to the Phillips family. As in Phillips 66 oil company. Then they developed it into a world-class art museum. It has wonderful gardens and an amazing art collection. Growing up, we would often take our school field trips there, and it was fun to be there on Wednesday with my family.
Tulsa Public Schools often visited Philbrook, Gilcrease Museum, or the Tulsa Zoo on field trips, so Sarah and I really felt like we should have had our sack lunches and juice boxes with us. So, anyone have any special memories from school field trips out there??

4 Comments:
We always went to the Blue Bell Factory or to the IMAX downtown. Very fun memories
Beautiful pictures girls! Hmmm let's see, I remember a field trip to the GOO-GOO CLUSTER factory in Nashville. We left with faces covered in chocolate dreaminess.
Mmm, y'all are making me hungry! One time with Camp Fire, I remember that we toured a Domino's Pizza. Just the place where they make then deliver, nothing fancy, but I thought it was so cool!
Spruce and I went on an Abilene factory tour one day when we were bored. We drove around and asked for a tour whenever we saw something worth touring.
We toured the Crown Cork and Seal factory where we learned how to make aluminum cans and how fast Big Red rots them out. Then we went to the Coastal Cookie Factory, but were rejected at the door by 6 women wearing hair nets.
FYI - Tulsa was featured in the Denver Post Travel section last Sunday!
Post a Comment
<< Home