Welcome to the Class of 2012
What? Seriously? Yep, last night the youth group had the "welcome devo" for the incoming 7th graders--also known as the class of 2012. Each new 7th grader was assigned a junior or senior to be his/her "partner" for the night. Though it was a risk to be in a room full of 60 teenager who've just had their fill of Taco Bueno bean burritos, I loved spending time with them.
One of my first experiences with the youth group at Prestoncrest was in the summer of 2003 on our mission trip to Mexico. I was assigned to a van-full of 8th grade boys. Talk about a learning curve. We had a great time then, and those boys really do make me laugh. Now those 8th graders are about to be seniors! I can't believe it! But it was so sweet to hear them pray for the future of the youth group and for the new 7th graders.
Somehow, the time with those youth group kids just seems to fly by. They're so funny and I'm so encouraged by their heart for the Lord.
One of my first experiences with the youth group at Prestoncrest was in the summer of 2003 on our mission trip to Mexico. I was assigned to a van-full of 8th grade boys. Talk about a learning curve. We had a great time then, and those boys really do make me laugh. Now those 8th graders are about to be seniors! I can't believe it! But it was so sweet to hear them pray for the future of the youth group and for the new 7th graders.
Somehow, the time with those youth group kids just seems to fly by. They're so funny and I'm so encouraged by their heart for the Lord.

1 Comments:
Ahhh...8th graders! 3 more weeks and I won't be around them all day long! What joy!
Post a Comment
<< Home