"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"
Thank you Margaret Atwood for that quote. It verified my need to be out in the dirt this weekend! As I mentioned earlier, I planted two tomato plants and one basil plant back in March. Yeah, they are producing! I've been using the basil for cooking for the past month, and the tomatoes are beginning to bear fruit. Granted, they're still green, but I have three cherry tomatoes and four grape tomatoes currently in production. This weekend, I planted one more tomato plant and a green pepper plant, so hopefully I'll have something to show for it all soon! It really is amazing to me how that all works!I'd had the itch to plant flowers for quite some time, but there just hadn't been enough hours in the day! So Friday I purchased two flats of impatiens, and three 9-packs of petunias! Saturday morning I planted all of those, plus a hydrangea. I'm pleased to report that my flower beds are now bursting with pinks and purples! It just makes me happy to see everything growing!
I also made the big switch in my closet today. I boxed up all my wool skirts and sweaters and brought back out my summer skirts and tank tops! I really recommend boxing up your off-season clothes. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe without spending a penny!
Spring is here! The tank tops are enjoying their new home in my closet, the flowers are getting settled into their new home in the front yard, and I am loving this weather. Could it please just stay below 90 and above 60? That's all I ask. Oh well, it's good while it lasts!

4 Comments:
Let's see pics of the flowers!
You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl....or her garden. So proud of you for being so French and raising herbs in your flower beds. Do you remember them at Joelle's mother's garden? I'm looking forward to seeing all the pretty annuals. Want some Iris bulbs? Love you... dirty fingernails & all
Yeah, I want pics too.
Today it's in the 30s and snowing as though it were January here. I too would like to see some "below 90 and above 60" weather soon.
Everybody told Nikki and me how "easy" it was to grow herbs. We killed all of ours quickly.
SP-I need to get home before dark so I can take some pics, then I'll post away!
Yes, I totally want some iris bulbs and the daffodill ones too! My daylilies are looking just lovely and I can't wait 'til they start blooming! But I'm a little worried about my hibiscus... uh oh...
Matt--what! The 30s! Oh gosh. We had a good below 90 above 60, but still really humid!
Post a Comment
<< Home