Cruisin on the Fun Ship
Earlier this year, my sister said "I want to go on a cruise" So when a great deal popped up back in March for an Easter weekend cruise, we were all over that. My SWA friend Emily joined us as an adopted sister and off we went! It was an awesome bargain--less than $75 per day with airline Employee discount.
We left from Galveston last Thursday and spent Friday at sea, Saturday at Playa Del Carmen, Sunday at sea, then back home on Monday. It was so fun! We had a great time just sitting out on the Lido deck by the pool. So relaxing.
Though not the fanciest cruise line, Carnival certainly is the "Fun Ship." We had so much fun doing all the activities on the ship. From karaoke, to midnight buffets, to sword swallowing, to wine tastings, to alligator wrestling, to the captain's cocktail party (see pic), there was never a dull moment!
One of the best things about a cruise is the amazing food. We had the 8:30 dinner time, and were seated with a precious family from Bangladesh. They were so sweet, and we had a great time talking with Rashad, and his parents, Rashida and Laskar. They grew up in the same town in Bangladesh, but only met when they both were in school at OSU in Stillwater, OK. How crazy is that!? I told them maybe I needed to go to Bangladesh to meet a guy from Tulsa!
Our dinners were fun (we had two lobster tails each on the formal night (which was nothing compared to the 8 that one man ate at the early seating, or the 32, which was the record!)) Plus, we had a great time with the 24-hour pizza and ice cream. I think I'm still full from all that food, and I still feel the "sway" of the boat!I hope each of you had a great Easter weekend. We went to a service on the ship with about 250 other people (first time I ever went to an Easter church service in my swimsuit!) It's amazing to get to see the expanse of God's amazing creation! To look out and see nothing but stars and water can be really humbling. How great is our God that he loves us so much!
Tune in tomorrow for our special post-cruise "excursion" through Texas.

8 Comments:
Glad you had fun on your cruise.
That pic of you guys all fancied uo is seriously one of the best pictures I've ever seen of you. You're HOT! I'm glad you had fun!
Your cruise sounds like so much fun! I'm glad y'all had an awesome time. I am reminiscing now - can you believe it's been a year since the Airline cruise?!
You go out of Galveston and you don't call me!!! Do you know how close that is to me? But, I'm not bitter or anything. Glad you had a good time.
Your life continues to amaze me.......oh how my white pasty legs long to get some sun! I'm so glad you guys had an awesome getaway together!
What a wonderful way to spend Easter! Glad you had a great time!
it really was a great time to relax. It's great when your cell phone and e-mail are inaccessable out on the ocean.
Kelly, I was totally thinking about our airline cruise while we were on the boat!
I am so glad you had fun on your trip. Sarah told me that the girl you took looked like a Coldwell, and I have to agree. But I have a random question, is her name Emily, as in Emily Ruth Jones? Because if so, she was totally my favorite camp counselor growing up, and you have to ask her to sing her song (which is why I know her middle name). I know random thought, but I am pretty sure. Can I be adopted as a Coldwell too with trip perks?:)
Post a Comment
<< Home