Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Forward!


Daylight Savings time is kinda wacky to me, but whatever. I understand it and all, but I don't get how some people can just decide not to do it--like Arizona, or Indianapolis. That's weird. And this year, they voted to have all of Indiana do Daylight Savings, where as in the past, it was very spotty. Any of you Indiana experts feel free to chime in...

AND why if the world is going to do it, why can't we all do it at the same time?? For the past 60 years, America has sprung forward on the first Sunday in April, (that's changing next year) but Europe (except Iceland) springs forward on the last Sunday in March.

So when we went to Russia back in 1995, we flew over on a Wednesday, then fell back that Sunday. We flew home the next Saturday, and fell back again that night. What?! So in 1995, I sprang forward twice, but only fell back once. So I've lost an extra hour of my life!!! I think I've been robbed. But I've decided that if I can somehow die in the Mountain time zone then I'll come out even (since I was born in the Central zone). And, if it's Pacific or Hawaii, then all the better!!!

Anyone have any problems springing forward on Sunday??

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just so you know - I really look forward to your blog entries. I'm still cracking up about this one. Random thoughts from Katie...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The math on this one is hurting my head! I was affected yesterday b/c my alarm was set to get up for church, but I didn't realize that my cell phone doesn't "spring forward" without manually programming it. No worries though. God didn't care that I hadn't showered....

1:10 PM  
Blogger Becky Martin said...

There's something about springing forward that takes me longer to adjust to then falling back. I'm really out of it today and I think the daylight savings change is one reason. At least I get to enjoy the longer days - it's an okay trade off.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was at a retreat this past weekend. Two of the girls at the retreat forgot to set their alarm forward and were almost late for breakfast and for our first meeting. They woke up really really late and didn't even take a shower. Luckily, they didn't stink or anything. hmm . . .

11:26 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

hey, we set an alarm--how was I to know that sprint wouldn't spring forward without me turning it off and back on again??? Plus, I showered--I just didn't wash my hair the whole time I was in Colorado...

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home