Lukewarm milk sicks me out.
I'll go along with Carolyn's suggestion and list some of my quirks. It's funny how normal they seem to me--y'all try not to laugh too much.
1) My milk must be really cold. Lukewarm milk sicks me out. I can just envision it sitting in the glass and starting to go bad. If I'm going to drink a glass of milk, there will usually be ice in it to keep it really cold.
2) As a result of #1, I cannot drink milk then take a shower. I always have to shower first thing in the morning, before breakfast. I think it's the thought of the hot water curdling the milk while it's in my stomach. Sick.
3) I don't like animals that talk. Not real ones (as though there were real animals that talk--it's ok if it's a dog that barks "thank you" that doesn't bother me), but the ones on TV. You know, like in "Babe" or that Advantage commercial where the dogs/cats/birds actually sing along with the Lion Sleeps Tonight. It's something weird about seeing their mouths move and words come out. I also don't like it if they humanize animals too much--like in the "Failure to Launch" movie. It just is weird to me.
4) I'm very particular when I eat a grapefruit. I always do it the same every time. First, I cut it in half and sprinkle a little salt on each half. Then I find the largest section and start one space to the left of the hefty section. I cut around each one, and then resalt the half. Then, I start eating with the first section cut, leaving me the largest bite for the last.
5) I love starting the dishwasher before I go to bed at night. It's such a peaceful thought to know that while I'm snoozing, my dishes, pots, pans and silverware are being sanitized. That's a great feeling!
So that's five of my quirks. That's certainly not all of them, but it's a start. Feel free to share one or two of your quirks here.
1) My milk must be really cold. Lukewarm milk sicks me out. I can just envision it sitting in the glass and starting to go bad. If I'm going to drink a glass of milk, there will usually be ice in it to keep it really cold. 2) As a result of #1, I cannot drink milk then take a shower. I always have to shower first thing in the morning, before breakfast. I think it's the thought of the hot water curdling the milk while it's in my stomach. Sick.
3) I don't like animals that talk. Not real ones (as though there were real animals that talk--it's ok if it's a dog that barks "thank you" that doesn't bother me), but the ones on TV. You know, like in "Babe" or that Advantage commercial where the dogs/cats/birds actually sing along with the Lion Sleeps Tonight. It's something weird about seeing their mouths move and words come out. I also don't like it if they humanize animals too much--like in the "Failure to Launch" movie. It just is weird to me.
4) I'm very particular when I eat a grapefruit. I always do it the same every time. First, I cut it in half and sprinkle a little salt on each half. Then I find the largest section and start one space to the left of the hefty section. I cut around each one, and then resalt the half. Then, I start eating with the first section cut, leaving me the largest bite for the last.5) I love starting the dishwasher before I go to bed at night. It's such a peaceful thought to know that while I'm snoozing, my dishes, pots, pans and silverware are being sanitized. That's a great feeling!
So that's five of my quirks. That's certainly not all of them, but it's a start. Feel free to share one or two of your quirks here.

9 Comments:
You crack me up- I am totally with you on #4 & #5......I have a special way of cutting my grapefruit too :). Thank you so much for the fabulous SWA news that they will be flying out of Dulles- that rocks!!!!
Hahaha. Love this! I have to share that I have an aversion to polka dots. I think that would qualify as a quirk, right? Something about the sight of them - especially when they're bumpy - just makes me nauseous and uncomfortable. I'm starting to itch just writing about them.
Those are funny. When I make a sandwhich, I must immediately take a bite before I continue to make the rest of the meal. I also have this strange thing of when I eat a cheeto, I must drink a large glass of orange juice afterwards. I absolutely feel like I will die if I don't get that glass of orange juice!
I also gag if I try to drink lukewarm milk. It must be very cold for me to drink it, but I don't think I could do the ice thing. And I love to salt my grapefruit too. I have been told this is weird so I'm glad you do it too!
I am with you on running the dishwasher at night! I even run it when it isn't full just because I like to turn it on before I go to bed (and also because I am lazy and throw many of Jackson's plastic toys in there rather than washing them by hand).
Very interesting, Katie. I love reading about people's quirks. I wanted to do this post too, but I just couldn't think of 5. I guess I'm just not that quirky.
You're a special kid, Katie! LOL! I will agree on the milk thing. I always put ice and people think I'm so weird...But I am, so, yeah, they're right!
have you ever had milk in a frosty mug? my friend emily introduced me to the idea, and i'm sure you would love it. just put a glass mug (yes, like a beer mug) in the freezer for a while. when you pour the milk it gets all frosty and is just wonderful!
The other day I overheard this conversation while passing by a tree.
The talking squirrel asked in a whiny voice "Why does Katie not like it when we talk?" The talking birds chirped back "She thinks we're weird." The talking snail shouted from the tree above "That ain't cool, man." The talking squirrel choked on its acorn in shock and said "that totally freaked me out. I didn't know snails could talk."
Post a Comment
<< Home