Amazing Race
So I'm really glad that the Amazing Race is back to its international/couples format. The family season almost did me in. I really love this show, and if you like travel/interpersonal relationships/reality tv, then give it a try!
If you haven't seen it, there are 11 teams who race around the world in pre-set segments to be the first to cross the finish line and win $1 million. It's a whole mix of relationships: husband and wife, dating, sisters, friends, or parent/child.
So of our 11 teams this season, I really like the self-proclaimed nerdy dating couple from Kansas. They may not do well in the physical challenges, but they're good to each other. At the beginning of the first episode, he says "she's really competitive in card games and I take tests well." You've gotta love that. They're really nice, and I like watching them. Especially contrasted to the husband and wife from Mississippi where he just yells at her all the time. I also like the bearded eccentric guys who were dressed like dumb and dumber. They're over the top, but they're smart and funny.
I got annoyed by the 50-year old sisters from HOU called the "glamazons" because they're 6 ft tall but girly; the two guys (who got eliminated) who were "lifelong friends but that's all" with each other; the chesty girls in pink who I think are going to hook up with the Florida frat boys (who I do NOT like at all.)
Then, kinda under the radar there's an older couple from Colorado, a really smart black couple from the east coast, a hispanic mother/daughter team, and a dating ken/barbie couple from Arkansas.
The teams have to go through a series of activities and also then choose a task. This week, they were in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and it totally brought back memories of when Shanta and I went to visit Jessica and Jonathan. That trip really was like the amazing race for us because we almost didn't get home!!!
So for their task, they could assemble a motorcycle from scratch or fly in a helicopter to a building to search for their clue. The helicopter was definitely the way to go!
Oh there was one other moment I found really funny. The teams are given three different flights to choose from to take them from Denver to Sao Paulo. So, they left from DEN on American, United, and Continental--departing in that order and changing planes at DFW, Intercontinental in Houston and Washington Dulles. So everyone races to the AA flight since it gets in first. Oh, but wait, there are delays at DEFY and the AAA flight actually winds up arriving later than the other ones. And they wonder why we're avoiding that airport... =) I even read in the show summary that the delay threw off getting the host there in time.
So, if you find yourself at home on a Tuesday night, tune in to the amazing race. It's good stuff!
If you haven't seen it, there are 11 teams who race around the world in pre-set segments to be the first to cross the finish line and win $1 million. It's a whole mix of relationships: husband and wife, dating, sisters, friends, or parent/child.
So of our 11 teams this season, I really like the self-proclaimed nerdy dating couple from Kansas. They may not do well in the physical challenges, but they're good to each other. At the beginning of the first episode, he says "she's really competitive in card games and I take tests well." You've gotta love that. They're really nice, and I like watching them. Especially contrasted to the husband and wife from Mississippi where he just yells at her all the time. I also like the bearded eccentric guys who were dressed like dumb and dumber. They're over the top, but they're smart and funny.
I got annoyed by the 50-year old sisters from HOU called the "glamazons" because they're 6 ft tall but girly; the two guys (who got eliminated) who were "lifelong friends but that's all" with each other; the chesty girls in pink who I think are going to hook up with the Florida frat boys (who I do NOT like at all.)
Then, kinda under the radar there's an older couple from Colorado, a really smart black couple from the east coast, a hispanic mother/daughter team, and a dating ken/barbie couple from Arkansas.
The teams have to go through a series of activities and also then choose a task. This week, they were in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and it totally brought back memories of when Shanta and I went to visit Jessica and Jonathan. That trip really was like the amazing race for us because we almost didn't get home!!!
So for their task, they could assemble a motorcycle from scratch or fly in a helicopter to a building to search for their clue. The helicopter was definitely the way to go!
Oh there was one other moment I found really funny. The teams are given three different flights to choose from to take them from Denver to Sao Paulo. So, they left from DEN on American, United, and Continental--departing in that order and changing planes at DFW, Intercontinental in Houston and Washington Dulles. So everyone races to the AA flight since it gets in first. Oh, but wait, there are delays at DEFY and the AAA flight actually winds up arriving later than the other ones. And they wonder why we're avoiding that airport... =) I even read in the show summary that the delay threw off getting the host there in time.
So, if you find yourself at home on a Tuesday night, tune in to the amazing race. It's good stuff!

3 Comments:
The nerdy couple is definitely my fave. I love when they got to the mat and Phil said, you seem to really get along and he just said, "We are just so in love with each other." So precious!
I love Amazing Race! (I linked to you through Leslie.)
I can't believe it's been on for two weeks and we haven't recapped yet! I am SOOOOO glad the real Amazing Race is back!! And I, too, love the nerdy couple, but the hippies are my favorite by far. Hooray for the Family Edition being forever gone. The Amazing Race rules!! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home