Friday, December 09, 2005

Wow, how quickly things change.

Just minutes after I posted about our trip to Thailand, as I was packing, my mom called telling me that there had been an incident involving a Southwest plane in Chicago. Uncertain as to where I would end up for the night, I threw in a mishmash of items: two sweaters, my swimsuit, the snack crackers and beef jerky for Thailand, and my tennis shoes. I'm officially on the "Go-Team" so I could have gone to the site and the asian adventure was less than 18 hours away. Looking back, I realized I wasn't really packed for either destination.

Well, it's 1:34 a.m. I'm 99% sure I'm not going to Thailand tomorrow (but maybe I'll be just a couple of days late). I do know that I'm thankful to work for a Company that cares so much. It was unbelievable to see everyone spring into action and fill the needed roles.

A great Leader at SWA said once that he prayed each morning that the number of takeoffs always equalled the number of landings. Tonight, I am thankful that the incident in Chicago wasn't any worse than it was, and my prayers are with the passengers, crew, and families who were involved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Spruce said...

I was so sorry to hear about the tragedy in Chicago. You're right though, it could have been much worse. I'll be praying for you if you have to go help in the aftermath.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I immediately thought of you guys at SWA when we heard about the plane incident in Chicago- our prayers are with everyone involved.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ken is there, so PRAY for him, and especially the family that lost their little boy.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We were just so blessed that it wasn't any worse...

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home