Thursday, December 08, 2005

One Night in Bangkok


Tomorrrow, I leave for Thailand.

Right now, we don't have a single thing actually set. No confirmed flights, no hotels, no tours. Is this a problem to anyone? I don't think so.

Usually, I am a pretty detailed planner/packer. But for this trip, it's all up in the air. The tentative plan is to get on a plane (really about five planes) Friday at 3 p.m., and by Sunday night, we'll wind up in Krabi. If you're interested, we're flying DAL-HOU-LAX-TPE-BKK-KBV and then back. Hopefully, we'll spend three nights on the beach, and then three nights in Bangkok.

My main goals on this trip are 1) ride an elephant, 2) order some custom made curtains like these , 3) avoid getting the bird flu, and 4) avoid eating coagulated blood of any kind (apparently they like to add this to soups and noodles, and I am OUT!)

I'm sure that Brooke, Kendra, Emily and I will have a blast. We always do! But now, I've got to go find my passport, finish the laundry, and pack my camera.

I'll try to post from Bangkok, I should be able to get on the internet there. So until then, sa wa dee ka...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Katie, It's the touristy thing to do, but the best place to quickly find a cheap place to sleep with no hastle - head to Khao San Road. It's also a great location to see the Grand Palace, wats of Wats, and catch a ride to anywhere else in town you would want to go to. There's also plenty of strip clubs and lots of transvestites in the area (just kidding. . . but not really.)

In Krabi, take a ferry, if you have time, over to Ko Phi Phi. They need the tourism (so does Krabi though). You are going to LOVE it. Be sure to eat only from street vendors and in food stalls - this will be the best food (and freshest!). The restaurants don't have anything on them.

Bring us all back some silk sheets! Can't wait to see pictures. Have a blast!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Matty! Looks like the trip is on again. We postponed for one day, but I'm really looking forward to it!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home